VP Technology, Sportsbook
Scientific Games Corporation (NASDAQ: SGMS) is a world leader in gaming entertainment offering the industry's broadest and most integrated portfolio of game content, advanced systems, cutting-edge platforms and professional services. The company is #1 in technology-based gaming systems, digital real-money gaming and sports betting platforms, casino table games, utility products, lottery instant games, and a leading provider of games, systems and services for casino, lottery and social gaming. Committed to responsible gaming, Scientific Games delivers what customers and players value most: trusted security, engaging entertainment content, operating efficiencies and innovative technology.
SG Digital is the division formed from the acquisition of NYX Gaming Group/OpenBet and SG Interactive. This has created a market-leading, global, on-line capability for Scientific Games. At SG Digital we have 1,600+ employees (including 600+ engineers and developers) and over 200 customers. We currently provide our technology to customers across the globe. Our head office is in Las Vegas with principal offices in London, Stockholm, Athens, Montreal, Singapore and Bristol as well as 27 other offices world-wide.
Our software platform is offered as OpenSports and OpenCasino product families. OpenSports includes:
· OpenBet - Sportsbetting engine to the largest operators in the world.
· OpenTrade - Trading and Risk Management solution offering 200k events in-play per annum.
· OpenEngage - Retail and digital interfaces for customers to engage with including Desktop, Mobile Web, Mobile App, Retail EPOS, SSBT and In-Venue display.
· OpenPlatform -supports online interactive game play and enables the deployment of software applications for sports, casino, lottery, bingo, poker, mini-games and social games over web-based, tablet/mobile, and social media applications.
· OpenAccelerate - Our operations and marketing services to support and grow our business for our customers via acquisition and retention and day-to-day operational support.
Our gaming offering is built on a fully-flexible system that is deployable within the international gaming industry. It supports all parts of our customers’ business (interactive, mobile, and social networks).
Our content platform has approximately 750 proprietary and over 900 third-party supplied lottery, bingo, and casino games developed to address the multi-channel content and distribution strategies of our customers.
Our solutions are designed to provide a complete account suite with full back-office capabilities, including tournaments, bonuses, affiliates, campaigns, data warehouses, and data mining across multiple products, all while providing players with community and social media-based entertainment content to maximize their playing experience.
Following a period of internal review, it has been deemed necessary to identify an experienced individual to take up the role of VP Technology, Sports within SG Digital (SGD).
Based in Europe, and reporting to the SVP of Sports, this is a pivotal role within the division. This is the key technical leadership role shaping the architecture and execution strategy across our sportsbook technology stack, including our betting engine, trading and pricing technologies, portal and mobile app technologies, and various other aspects of our product portfolio. The role is also expected to collaborate closely and effectively with other technical, product, operations, and project leaders and functions.
We are looking for a high-calibre technology leader who exhibits a range of attributes, skills and experience that enables them to deliver rapid value to our clients. This value is delivered by architecting customer centric products across the SGD sports and entire ecosystem.
The key aspect of the role is to create and lead a culture of world-class agile software development and technology delivery at scale, which permeates from recruitment to engineering and final delivery to customers. The role will have full accountability for the support, security, development and engineering teams that are located in a number of locations including London, Bristol, Athens, Krakow, Lviv, Bangalore, and Montreal, amongst others. It is a highly visible and important role within the group and requires an experienced technology and engineering leader to lead and execute the strategy and deliver across the SGD enterprise.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Defining the over-arching vision and strategy for our Technical Architecture aligned to our business and customer goals, in collaboration with the entire product team and cross-functional teams.
- Create a culture of rapid delivery to the customer, delivering software to customers at the fastest possible time to market (from ideation to live), with inherent quality standards. Create a lean approach that is focused on delivering for the customer and minimising the cost/time of delivery at scale.
- Lead and develop a team of Engineering Directors/Managers responsible for driving their product and business, fostering a culture of innovation, automation, process improvement with business and customer-centricity at the heart of every decision.
- Articulate and execute vision for future innovation, and drive investment cases to continually enhance our market position and customer impact.
- Establish KPIs for monitoring the performance of engineering groups including both customer teams and internal product development teams and include them in the monthly management reports.
- Guide, coach and mentor product & software development engineers and lead them by example
- Take responsibility for workforce planning, resourcing, recruitment and retention of high calibre staff to deliver success for our customers.
- Prepare lifecycle for different projects inclusive of research, development, design, evaluation, testing along with delivery to customer - these range from new RFI’s/RFP’s to existing business commitments and deliverables.
- Drive automation and efficiency through all areas of the technology and operations organisation focusing on global scale and repeatability.
- Establish and stimulate software development standards and processes along with best practices for delivery of scalable and high-quality software.
As a senior role, with accountability for over 400 engineers and related functions across the enterprise, it is vital that SGD attract someone at the top of their game.
SGD are looking for individuals who can illustrate the following experience, knowledge and competencies:
- Extensive work experience leading a world-class, global software business or division at scale, demonstrating management and leadership, ideally in a gaming software, professional services environment.
- Strong operational management, project management, consulting, technology and process improvement skills.
- Experience using Scrum or other Agile and Dev ops methodologies.
- Experience in full product development lifecycle from design to deployment, understanding best practices and trends in software development
- High level of exposure and working experience of any cloud technologies like AWS, Google or Azure, having expertise on AWS and having run a full product cloud migration project would be an added advantage
- Working with Big data and advance analytics-based system would be huge advantage
- Prior experience in managing multi location teams
- Exposure to API gateways, Micro-services-based system architecture
- You must be technically hands-on and enough deep understanding of technology such that you can challenge developers and help them be pragmatic in whatever they do
- Possess an evangelist’s touch for inspiring an organization with your technology vision, instituting passion and excitement for your work, and the ability to convince the team to be thrilled with an outcome, even if at times it varies significantly from their original ask.
- Experience of having worked with ‘two-sided’ or ‘multi-sided’ networks/platform models. These models enable two distinct user groups to co-exist and provide each other with network benefits. We would like to talk to people from gambling, gaming, e-commerce (marketplaces), financial services (credit cards/ comparison engines), online travel and entertainment and social media platforms.
- Excellent leadership credentials. Creates a compelling vision for others to follow. Leads by example. Strategic and operationally sound.
- Exceptional influencing skills. Can manage key stakeholders, has worked in a matrix organisation, to guide and drive the change and focus necessary to ensure SGD capitalise on every opportunity to enhance and promote the Open Sports philosophy.
- Maintains a global outlook - markets, opportunities, competitors, risks.
- High energy and a completer-finisher approach.