Scientific Games Digital leads the global gaming market, providing innovative software that powers the world’s most successful operators.
We pride ourselves on product innovation and technical excellence and are constantly adding new applications and new functionality to our product suite, used by billions of end users. And, while many other companies have been downsizing, we continue to see growth across our business.
Want to be part of our story?
The UX Team within the Product Division (Sportsbook + Platforms) is looking for a mid-weight UX Designer to help strengthen and build up the team.
You will be working in a fast-paced environment, developing and implementing solutions for industry-leading operators. The role will contribute to the development of all parts of the SG Digital product set (Sportsbook / Trading / Promotions / Backoffice) so past experience in any of these areas would be advantageous.
You are passionate about great UX. You have experience working on Cross (Omni) Channel sites or apps. You are able to carry out and conduct various UX methods and techniques in order to find the best possible solution or explore new options.
Sounds like you? Then we would like to hear from you!
The UX Designer will be responsible for the ongoing delivery of UX deliverables for SG Digital's b2b products including new features as well as ongoing improvements.
This role reports to the Head of UX.
- Defining UX for SG Digital's products based on working with UCD methodology (UI analysis and design)
- Conducting competitive analysis/heuristic reviews to feed into recommendations.
- Delivering UX specifications in various formats depending on project needs with a strong emphasis on responsive design.
- High-Level definition of process flows - defining user roles, goals and tasks.
- Hands-on interaction design deliverables, including sitemaps, user journeys, scenarios, detailed task flows, and wireframe production.
- Produces and maintains prototypes.
- Provides input into and conducts user research activities.
- Delivering presentations to Product Managers, Developers and Business Stakeholders, clearly articulating the rationale behind design decisions.
- Building productive internal/external working relationships.
- Monitor and share knowledge on emerging technologies, trends within UX, and the gambling industry.
If you are the right candidate for us you will be able to demonstrate:
- A Technical background - BSc or equivalent in Design or related discipline and professional experience of a minimum of three years in UX;
- Demonstrable experience with Wireframing + Design (Sketch) and Prototyping;
- Being passionate about great User Experiences and pro-active with identifying product needs;
- Ability to create documentation that clearly communicates all elements, states, and views of the interface.
- Knowledge about how technology impacts design and a good understanding of responsive (cross-channel) design needs;
- Understanding and implementing web standards and best practices;
- An understanding of web and mobile technologies and the implications these have on system design;
- A strong team worker, who likes to work on projects from concept through to delivery and who understands the full development lifecycle;
- Experience of working with Designers, Product Managers, Developers, Business Analysts and participating in cross-functional workshops;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
It would also be great to see these skills/experiences as well:
- Understanding of the sports betting industry
- Web Analytics knowledge
- Experience with large-scale sites
- Experience with multi-lingual sites
- Experience with usability testing and user research techniques
- In-house experience will be an asset
- HTML5 and CSS experience.
Why would you enjoy working with us at SG Digital?
- Competitive benefits, an open and supportive environment as well as a modern and exciting workplace
- The opportunity to interact with global teams on a regular basis and the possibility to switch teams and projects as you and our business continues to develop and grow
- Tangible and genuine development - at SG Digital, you can take your career where you want it to go!
And if that’s not enough; you will get to enjoy flexible working whilst we provide you with the guidance and development skills you need to progress quickly and enhance your career.