Trading Solutions Analyst
SportCast is in a growth phase, focused on delivering the next generation of pricing software and customer experiences to the sports betting industry.
Everyone in the SportCast team is proud of building a business that has become an industry leader in redefining sports betting experiences.
In June 2021 we reached a stage in our evolution, where finding the right partner to help the business scale was the natural next step, and this was achieved when we joined the OpenBet (Scientific Games) family. Using OpenBet's supreme technologies, reputation and personal development channels we aim to deliver solutions to the biggest client's in the world. Any new employee is welcomed into a business that is uniquely positioned to take advantage of one of the most exciting growth spaces in the world.
SportCast x OpenBet is a team that you want to be part of! Come join us.
Sportcast are in a growth phase, focused on delivering the next generation of pricing software and customer experiences to the sports betting industry.
We are looking for a pro-active and ambitious mathematical modeller. The ideal candidate will have experience with algorithmic and simulation pricing methodologies to build sport’s pricing models using C#, as well as knowledge of R and R Studio as preferred means for statistical analysis to drive the models. Exposure to other tools such as Microsoft Excel / VBA and Google Sheets will also be beneficial.
The role will involve the development and maintenance of the mathematical models required to deliver our pricing solutions. The modeller’s knowledge of sport will be leveraged as the modelling team take responsibility for building out all of the domain specific business rules required to drive the product,
Sportcast are an employee owned company, and this position provides inclusion to our equity-based incentive scheme and the opportunity to travel as part of the role.
- Build models for new sports following existing infrastructure.
- Enhance model infrastructure where required for new features.
- Manage any trading concerns with existing models and improve the pricing where necessary.
- Provide bespoke trading tools as requested by the trading team.
- Help to train and advise any new graduate analysts with mathematical backgrounds who aspire to develop into the modelling area of the business.
- Undergraduate degree or beyond in a mathematical or statistical discipline.
- 6+ months experience trading or modelling in the sport’s betting industry.
- Some experience modelling sport using mathematical techniques in R, Excel or Google Sheets.
- Domain knowledge - high level of understanding of rules and nuances of a large number of sports.
- Strong communications skills to communicate with all areas of the business; trading, technology, sales, senior management.
- Experience with C# programming in Visual Studio (desirable)
- Experience with database structures and SQL (desirable)
- Exposure to machine learning techniques (desirable)
Key Performance Indicators
- Accurate scoping of work effort and delivery timetables.
- Timely delivery of software.
- Accurate pricing, comparable to respected competition prices where applicable.
- Accurate settlement of markets based on settlement layer built by the modeller.