Software Support Engineer
OpenBet is sport. The world's top sports betting brands choose OpenBet as their partner for world class content, leading tech and tailored services. We have their back. So they’re ready with exciting, memorable and safe sports betting experiences, to entertain millions of players worldwide.
OpenBet’s mission is to power growth and player engagement for operators through a global betting ecosystem that delivers at scale, at speed, at every great sports event. Our 1000 talented colleagues are the market's top team. We achieve billions of bets in a season; 60,000+ per second (more transactions than Amazon on Prime Day); 100% uptime (zero Superbowl crashes!) and we're built on 25 years of imaginative technology that is iterated daily.
OpenBet has established a premium client base of more than 75 operators worldwide and has 34 licences across the fastest growing regulated sports betting markets in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. The team is growing at scale driven by accelerated demand for our products and significant investment. We offer the speed, dynamism and growth opportunities of a start-up, underpinned by the stability and strength of a global employer.
Working at OpenBet every day is an opportunity for you to create exciting betting entertainment for millions of sports fans across the globe.
Want to be part of our evolving future growth?
We are looking for an Software Support Engineer to fill in an exciting role focusing on supporting, debugging and improving the functionality and performance of applications and systems running on high availability production environments. As an Software Support Engineer with us, you’ll have exposure to these systems and more, as you take our products and your career to the next level.
What you will be involved with as an Software Support Engineer at OpenBet:
- Owning and investigating a wide variety of issues at both an application and database level;
- Producing robust, well-written solutions for these issues.
- Effectively communicating investigation status to the Customer.
- Deployment of fixes to live environments.
- Liaising with the development and problem management teams as appropriate to resolve issues.
- Provide support and mentorship to junior members of the team and ensure quick resolution to escalated issues.
- Willingness to participate in a rota schedule.
- Responsible for identifying and delivering improvements to the knowledge base, support processes & tools.
If you are the right Software Support Engineer for us, you'll be able to demonstrate:
- Experience in an application support/development role, with proven record of technical investigation and creating solutions to problems;
- You’ll have fundamental programming skills (data structures, algorithms) in at least one major language (Java, J2EE, C, C++, etc.).
- Experience in at least one major area (Database, Linux, Web Development);
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken;
- An ability to learn new technologies quickly, work independently, manage workload and escalate in timely manner.
The ideal candidate would also have the following skills/experiences:
- Experience developing on Unix/Linux.
- Experience with LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) website design.
- Website development skills (HTML, HTML5 and CSS).
- Web technologies and internet protocols (XML, HTTP, TCP/IP).
- Experience using version control systems (GIT, Subversion, CVS, etc.).
Alongside our market leading benefits; dynamic & vibrant working culture and talented team members - we can offer you:
- Working with different agile teams across the business, you will be constantly involved in interesting variety of business critical projects, working with various clients and seeing lots of code!
- We love internal progression! This role will offer a very exciting path to get involved in our future development projects.
- New skills and a completely different, fresh approach to development.
And if that’s not enough; you will get to enjoy amazing benefits, a stunning work location and flexible working whilst we provide you with the guidance and development skills you need to progress quickly and enhance your career.