Software Support Engineer
SG Digital leads the global gaming market, providing innovative software that powers the world’s most successful operators.
We pride ourselves on product innovation and technical excellence and are constantly adding new applications and new functionality to our product suite, used by billions of end users. And, while many other companies have been downsizing, we continue to see growth across our business.
Want to be part of our story?
We are looking for a Software Support Engineer to fill in an exciting role focusing on supporting, debugging and improving the functionality and performance of applications and systems running on high availability production environments. Our world leading sportsbooks process over 70% of all UK & Gibraltar regulated bets, on a system that offers unparalleled levels of performance and scalability. As a Support Engineer with us, you’ll have exposure to these systems and more, as you take our products and your career to the next level.
Responsibilities of a Software Support Engineer within SG Digital:
- Maintain the stability and efficiency of our world class software and live platforms
- Investigate technical issues and manage deployment of fixes to live systems
- Liaise with the Customer and Development teams to resolve important technical issues
If you are the right Software Support Engineer for us you will be able to demonstrate:
- Good competency with Unix Command Line
- Experience in using continuous delivery technologies, tools and methods e.g.Jenkins
- Interest in software development processes and technologies
- Great problem solving skills and out of the box thinking
- Experience working in customer focused projects
It would also be great to see these skills/experiences as well:
- Good coding/scripting skills i.e. Ruby, Python, Bash etc
- Experience in Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of ITIL processes
- Docker / Puppet / Chef
Why would you enjoy this opportunity with SG Digital?
- Alongside OpenBet’s market leading benefits; dynamic & vibrant working culture and talented team members - we can offer you:
- Working with different agile teams across the business, you will be constantly involved in interesting variety of business critical projects, working with various clients and seeing lots of code!
- We love internal progression! This role will offer a very exciting path to get involved in our future development projects.
- New skills and a completely different, fresh approach to development.
And if that’s not enough; you will get to enjoy amazing benefits, a stunning work location and flexible working whilst we provide you with the guidance and development skills you need to progress quickly and enhance your career.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1d18549c-dd04-421e-99b0-435d81fded00