OpenBet leads the online sports betting industry with cutting-edge software and technologies that put the player first. Our solutions are used by some of the most successful operators, including Singapore Pools and global players like William Hill, Ladbrokes, Paddy Power, Betfair and SkyBet. Our world-leading OpenSports product portfolio processes a huge proportion of online bets in regulated markets, on a system that offers unparalleled levels of performance and scalability.
With offices in Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, UK and Greece and partners and customers worldwide OpenBet provides a compelling product suite that ensures the very best and most flexible solution. We are passionate about the work we do and have built a reputation on the high quality of our software, our delivery and client satisfaction.
Want to be part of our story?
Our customer teams ensure that our global clients, market leaders in Australia and New ealand get the support and ongoing development that keeps their capability at the cutting edge of sports betting products.
As a Software Engineer with the SG Digital Team, you’ll have exposure to these systems, as well as extensive training and mentoring as you take our products and your career to the next level.
- Develop new features and functionality for high transaction, large scale sports betting systems
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Identify and implement performance improvements
- Designing solutions that are modular, scalable and portable
- Work to improve overall system architecture and design components to meet those goals
The candidate must have
- A bachelor’s degree in a traditional science subject, ideally computer science, engineering or information systems from a well-regarded university
- Demonstrable talent coding in at least one major language (Java, J2EE, C, C++, Python, PHP....)
- Experience developing systems relying on relational database technology (any vendor)
- Ability to learn and be productive with new technologies quickly
It will also be great to see these skills/experiences as well:
- Experience developing on Unix/Linux
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) or similar cloud computing experience
- Ability to showcase few past projects would be a positive.
- Web technologies and internet protocols (SOAP, WS-*, ReST, XML, HTTP, TCP/IP).
- Scripting skills: Bash, Perl, Python
- Writing and using algorithms and assessing time complexity and performance
- An interest in sports and entertainment
What can SG Digital give you:
- The opportunity to interact with talented software engineers across global teams, and where appropriate switch teams and projects as you and our business continue to develop and grow
- Tangible and genuine career development, where you can take your career where you want it to go!
- Exposure to real world and business critical projects & the chance to develop some of the world??s leading e-commerce sportsbooks whilst working with various clients and seeing lots of code!
- Flexibility to work from home!
And if that’s not enough, we provide you with the guidance and development skills you need to progress quickly and enhance your career.