OpenBet is sport. The world's top sports betting brands choose OpenBet as their partner for world class content, leading tech and tailored services. We have their back. So they’re ready with exciting, memorable and safe sports betting experiences, to entertain millions of players worldwide.
OpenBet’s mission is to power growth and player engagement for operators through a global betting ecosystem that delivers at scale, at speed, at every great sports event. Our 1000 talented colleagues are the market's top team. We achieve billions of bets in a season; 60,000+ per second (more transactions than Amazon on Prime Day); 100% uptime (zero Superbowl crashes!) and we're built on 25 years of imaginative technology that is iterated daily.
OpenBet has established a premium client base of more than 75 operators worldwide and has 34 licences across the fastest growing regulated sports betting markets in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. The team is growing at scale driven by accelerated demand for our products and significant investment. We offer the speed, dynamism and growth opportunities of a start-up, underpinned by the stability and strength of a global employer.
Working at OpenBet every day is an opportunity for you to create exciting betting entertainment for millions of sports fans across the globe.
Want to be part of our evolving future growth?
OpenBet is looking for a Software Engineer to join one of our teams as we continue to work on the next generation of online sports betting platforms.
As a Software Engineer with the OpenBetTeam, you’ll have exposure to these systems, as well as extensive training and mentoring as you take our solutions and your career to the next level.
These are just some of the tasks you may work on:
- Work as part of a self-organising Agile team to develop new features and functionality for large scale betting websites;
- Participate in code reviews;
- Design solutions that are modular, scalable and portable;
- Answer business stakeholders' queries about the platform;
- Investigate and develop performance improvements to the platform;
- Develop new solutions to resolve ongoing issues with the platform;
- Work with different partners to solve integration issues;
- Assist the support team in investigating production issues;
- Produce robust, clear, polished code using practices like Test-Driven Development (TDD);
- Extract and capture customer requirements using processes like BDD;
- Work to improve overall system architecture and design components to meet those goals.
If you are the right candidate for us you will be able to demonstrate:
- A bachelor’s degree in a traditional science subject, ideally computer science, engineering, or information systems from a well-regarded university;
- Proven experience in a similar position(s);
- Working knowledge of one or more major programming languages (such as Java, C/C++, Python, PHP etc.) and interest in learning other coding languages;
- Knowledge of database design (any vendor);
- A "can do" attitude and out-of-the-box thinking;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Ability to learn and be productive with new technologies quickly.
It would also be great to see these skills/experiences as well:
- Familiarity developing on Unix/Linux;
- knowledge on CI or CD and the associated tools;
- Test automation experience (unit test or other);
- Experience on Web technologies and internet protocols (Apache, SOAP, WS-*, ReST, XML, HTTP, TCP/IP, WebSockets);
What can OpenBet give you:
- Competitive benefits, an open and supportive environment as well as a modern and exciting workplace
- The opportunity to interact with global teams, and where appropriate switch teams and projects as you and our business continue to develop and grow
- Tangible and genuine career development - at OpenBet, where you can take your career where you want it to go!
- Exposure to real-world and business-critical projects & the chance to develop some of the world’s leading e-commerce sportsbooks whilst working with various clients and seeing lots of code!
- Flexible working, this role is open to remote workers based out of Athens and having full working rights to work anywhere else within Greece.