OpenBet leads the online sports betting industry with cutting-edge software and technologies that put the player first. Our solutions are used by some of the most successful operators, including Singapore Pools and global players like William Hill, Ladbrokes, Paddy Power, Betfair and SkyBet. Our world-leading OpenSports product portfolio processes a huge proportion of online bets in regulated markets, on a system that offers unparalleled levels of performance and scalability.
With offices in Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, UK, and Greece and partners and customers worldwide OpenBet provides a compelling product suite that ensures the very best and most flexible solution. We are passionate about the work we do and have built a reputation on the high quality of our software, our delivery and client satisfaction.
Want to be part of our story?
OpenBet is looking for a talented Software Engineer to work on the next generation of online sports betting and gaming platforms. Our world leading sportsbook products process over 70% of all regulated sports bets, on a system that offers unparalleled levels of performance and scalability.
Our customer teams ensure that our global clients, including Singapore Pools, get the support and ongoing development that keeps their capability at the leading edge of sporst betting products.
As a Software Engineer with the OpenBet Team, you’ll have exposure to these systems, as well as extensive training and mentoring as you take our products and your career to the next level.
- Develop new features and functionality for high transaction, large scale betting websites
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Identify and address performance bottlenecks in the software
- Designing solutions that are modular, scalable and portable
- Work to improve overall system architecture and design components to meet those goals
IMPORTANT: We can consider only candidates fully eligible to work in Singapore. Applications that do not respect this requirement will be automatically rejected.
The candidate must have
- A bachelor’s degree in a traditional science subject, ideally computer science, engineering or information systems from a well-regarded university
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Demonstrable talent coding in Java and J2EE
- Working knowledge of web services, XML and Tomcat or other container
- Demonstrable talent in writing and using algorithms and assessing time complexity and performance
- Ideally 2+ years of commercial experience developing software
- Ideally 1+ years of demonstrable experience in large scale system design
It w also be great to see these skills/experiences as well:
- Experience developing on Unix/Linux
- Web technologies and internet protocols (SOAP, WS-*, ReST, XML, HTTP, TCP/IP).
- Experience with Maven or another Continuous Integration and Automated unit testing frameworks
- Knowledge of Spring, Hibernate, Ehcache
- Experience working with realtional database technology, ideally PostgreSQL
- Experience with interfacing with 3rd party systems
- Any knowledge of TCL is a major plus
- Experience in developing large distributed systems and concepts such as caching, sharding, consistent hashing, interprocess communication and brokering
- Ability to learn and critique new technologies quickly
What can OpenBet give you:
- The opportunity to interact with global teams, and where appropriate switch teams and projects as you and our business continue to develop and grow
- Tangible and genuine career development, where you can take your career where you want it to go!
- Exposure to real world and business critical projects & the chance to develop some of the world’s leading e-commerce sportsbooks whilst working with various clients and seeing lots of code!
And if that’s not enough; you will get to enjoy benefits and flexible working whilst we provide you with the guidance and development skills you need to progress quickly and enhance your career.