SG Digital, a division of Scientific Games, leads the global gaming market, providing innovative software that powers the world’s most successful betting & gaming operators.
We pride ourselves on product innovation and technical excellence and are constantly adding new applications and new functionality to our product suite, used by billions of end users.
We pride ourselves on technical excellence and are constantly adding new applications and new functionality to our systems, used by a huge range of operators including Singapore Pools, William Hill, Ladbrokes, Sportsbet and TAB New Zealand.
Want to be part of our story?
SG Digital is looking for a talented Software Engineer to work on the next generation of online sports betting and gaming platforms. Our world leading sportsbook products process over 70% of all regulated sports bets, on a system that offers unparalleled levels of performance and scalability.
Our customer teams ensure that our global clients, get the support and ongoing development that keeps their capability at the leading edge of sports betting products.
As a Software Engineer, you’ll be developing and improving these systems, taking our products and your career to the next level.
- Develop new features and functionality for high transaction, large scale betting websites
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Identify and address performance bottlenecks in the software
- Designing solutions that are modular, scalable and portable
- Work to improve overall system architecture and design components to meet those goals
The candidate must have
- A bachelor’s degree in a traditional science subject, ideally computer science, engineering or information systems from a well-regarded university
- Demonstrable talent coding in at least one major language (Java, J2EE, C, C++, Python, PHP....)
- Experience working with high-volume transactional systems
- Demonstrable talent in writing and using algorithms and assessing time complexity and performance
- Ideally 2+ years of commercial experience developing software
- Ideally 1+ years of demonstrable experience in large scale system design
It w also be great to see these skills/experiences as well:
- Experience developing on Unix/Linux
- Web technologies and internet protocols (SOAP, WS-*, ReST, XML, HTTP, TCP/IP).
- Experience with Maven or another Continuous Integration and Automated unit testing frameworks
- Experience with interfacing with 3rd party systems
- Ability to learn and be productive with new technologies quickly
Why would you enjoy working with us at SG Digital?
Competitive benefits, an open and supportive environment as well as a modern and exciting workplace
The opportunity to interact with global teams on a regular basis and the possibility to switch teams and projects as you and our business continues to develop and grow
Tangible and genuine development - at SG Digital, you can take your career where you want it to go!
Exposure to real work, business-critical projects and the chance to develop some of the world’s leading e-commerce sportsbooks whilst working on exciting client projects and interact with lots of code!
And if that’s not enough; you will get to enjoy flexible working whilst we provide you with the guidance and development skills you need to progress quickly and enhance your career.