Software Engineer (UI)
Scientific Games Digital leads the global gaming market, providing innovative software that powers the world’s most successful operators.
We pride ourselves on product innovation and technical excellence and are constantly adding new applications and new functionality to our product suite, used by billions of end users. And, while many other companies have been downsizing, we continue to see growth across our business.
Want to be part of our story?
The Software Engineer (UI) role will be a key one for the SG Portal Consolidation Project. Reporting to the Senior Software Engineer, the UI Software Engineer will be working alongside other Software Engineers, Project Managers, Scrum Masters, Product Owners, QA, Software Architects, and Operational Excellence in order to shape and implement the technology and product deliverables that will drive forward this strategic initiative.
These are just some of the tasks you may work on:
- Ensuring code quality is maintained for products and services delivered by the team the Software Engineer is working with;
- Ensuring that UI features and functionality adhere to agreed corporate and product UX standards and design guidelines.
- Proactively identify and address areas of material improvement, notably around UI performance and code complexity;
- Supporting the Development Manager, Senior Software Engineer and Head of Operational Excellence to ensure continuous quality improvement in the development teams.
If you are the right Software Engineer (UI) for us you will be able to demonstrate:
- A Bachelor's degree in a traditional science subject, ideally computer science, engineering or information systems from a well-regarded university;
- At least 2 years of experience developing commercial web applications;
- Extensive and demonstrable experience understanding of:
- Web markup, including HTML5, CSS3;
- Server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS;
- Asynchronous request handling, partial page updates using internet data protocols and services (RESTful/JSON, SOAP, WS-*, HTTP).
- Extensive understanding of general UX principles for web applications, including responsive and adaptive design principles;
- A good understanding of SEO principles;
- General understanding of the use of Docker, Ansible, Jenkins and Git (Stash).
It would also be great to see these skills/experiences as well:
- Some knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate etc.);
- Familiarity with tools such as as Gimp or Photoshop;
- Experience with LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) website design;
- Familiarity with Drupal 8 or any other common internet PHP based CMS;
- Some experience with Node.js;
- Some experience with TDD and / or BDD;
Domain knowledge is not required, but having worked on major eCommerce or any significant widely distributed system is.
Why would you enjoy working with us at SG Digital?
- Competitive benefits, an open and supportive environment as well as a modern and exciting workplace.
- The opportunity to interact with global teams on a regular basis and the possibility to switch teams and projects as you and our business continues to develop and grow.
- Tangible and genuine development - at SG Digital, you can take your career where you want it to go!
- Exposure to real work, business-critical projects and the chance to develop some of the world’s leading e-commerce sportsbooks whilst working on exciting client projects and interact with lots of code!
And if that’s not enough; you will get to enjoy a stunning work location and flexible working whilst we provide you with the guidance and development skills you need to progress quickly and enhance your career.