Software Engineer (TCL)
OpenBet leads the global gaming market, providing innovative software that powers the world’s most successful operators.
We pride ourselves on product innovation and technical excellence and are constantly adding new applications and new functionality to our product suite, used by billions of end users. And, while many other companies have been downsizing, we continue to see growth across our business.
Want to be part of our story?
The Software Engineer will be a key role for the OpenBet Product Development team. The SE is expected to have betting and gaming domain expertise, as well as a strong technical background. The role will be required to help build a development capability with new and existing development teams.
The Software Engineer along with the Development Manager, Senior and Principal Software Engineers and the Tech Lead, will be part of team of developers and ensure that technologies and architectural principles are utilised appropriately and with rigour, whilst delivering the stability and performance that the OpenBet platforms have become synonymous with over time.
The SE will work on a TCL backend teams, utilising their domain and technical expertise to follow product and architectural requirements and that the implications of the technical team’s delivery strategies are fed back to Project Management and Product teams.
The SE will be expected to actively contribute to the overall technical strategy for new product development across the broader OpenBet organisation.
? Ability to provide high level estimates of software deliverables for planning purposes
? Supporting the Development Manager, Tech Lead, Senior Software Engineers and QA to ensure continuous quality improvement in the development teams
? Proactively identify and address areas of material improvement, notably around performance, security and scalability
? Ensuring that decisions around product technology and architecture are taken in line with OpenBet’s "Tech Radar" governance model
? Reviewing all aspects of the proposed delivery approaches from the Development team, to ensure alignment with specific product requirements as well as general platform requirements
? Supporting subject matter experts for the technical implications of betting and wagering functionality for the entire team, including training and mentoring new team members
? Contributing in the planning, implementation and evolution of technical processes and feedback to the wider company
? Identification and support of the training needs of the broader team
? Provision of technical input into Project Management, notably to support in the management of the Backlog, including Problems raised via Operations
The role will be based at OpenBet’s office in Lviv, Ukraine. Frequent travel will be required, sometimes at short notice, both to OpenBet’s European and international development offices and also to OpenBet’s customer base.
The Software Engineer will frequently be required to make themselves available out of normal office hours for meetings with remote development teams and OpenBet’s non-European operators.
If you are the right Senior Software Engineer for us you will be able to demonstrate:
- At least 2 years of experience developing commercial TCL application
- Capable of acting as the design authority for customer projects or product enhancements which are complex in nature, of high importance and have wide reaching effects.
- Ability to learn and critique new technologies quickly
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Proven communication and presentation skills
- Dealing with change on a daily basis; must be comfortable both with external factors driving this change as well as internals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be opinionated, especially about the gambling industry and sportsbook best practice and process quality and have a passion for improving the status quo
Technical skills of relevance:
- A minimum of 2 years’ hands-on experience in designing and developing TCL betting applications using UNIX / Linux - domain expertise is important
- Knowledge of TCL used for high volume betting applications
- Knowledge of the use of the Informix Relational Database
- Knowledge of defining and delivering new product functionality for high volume, highly available mission-critical systems, both via new modules, but also extending existing platform functionality
- Demonstrable experience in delivery SaaS based services to enterprise customers
- Some experience with Java and Spingboot microservice framework
- Some experience with TDD, BDD or Domain Driven Design
- Some experience of messaging or streaming technologies, ideally Apache Kafka.
- Some experience in the use of non-relational data stores, ideally Apache Cassandra
- Some experience of data processing and streaming frameworks, such as Spark, Spark Streaming, Storm, Flink or Kafka Streams.
- Some experience is the use of Docker, Ansible, Maven, Jenkins, Sonar and Git (BitBucket)
- Some experience of working with cloud solutions, such as AWS.
Why would you enjoy working with us at OpenBet?
- Competitive benefits, an open and supportive environment as well as a modern and exciting workplace.
- The opportunity to interact with global teams on a regular basis and the possibility to switch teams and projects as you and our business continues to develop and grow.
- Tangible and genuine development - at OpenBet, you can take your career where you want it to go!
- Exposure to real work, business-critical projects, and the chance to develop some of the world’s leading e-commerce sportsbooks whilst working on exciting client projects and interact with lots of code!
And if that’s not enough; you will get to enjoy flexible working whilst we provide you with the guidance and development skills you need to progress quickly and enhance your career.