Software Engineer QA
OpenBet is sport. The world's top sports betting brands choose OpenBet as their partner for world-class content, leading tech, and tailored services. We have their back. So they’re ready with exciting, memorable, and safe sports betting experiences, to entertain millions of players worldwide.
OpenBet’s mission is to power growth and player engagement for operators through a global betting ecosystem that delivers at scale, at speed, at every great sports event. Our 1000 talented colleagues are the market's top team. We achieve billions of bets in a season; 60,000+ per second (more transactions than Amazon on Prime Day); 100% uptime (zero Superbowl crashes!) and we're built on 25 years of imaginative technology that is iterated daily.
OpenBet has established a premium client base of more than 75 operators worldwide and has 34 licenses across the fastest growing regulated sports betting markets in North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific. The team is growing at scale driven by accelerated demand for our products and significant investment. We offer the speed, dynamism, and growth opportunities of a start-up, underpinned by the stability and strength of a global employer.
Working at OpenBet every day is an opportunity for you to create exciting betting entertainment for millions of sports fans across the globe.
Want to be part of our evolving future growth?
- Working closely with Test Leads to build out manual and automated smoke and regression packs.
- Perform Test execution and produce test reports.
- Adherence to QA / QE best practice.
- Provision of accurate documentation for use by the customers, product teams and internal support.
- Creation of test cases and associated documentation as required
- Implementation of technical test harnesses and frameworks will be required
- Active contribution to the definition and implementation of Quality Assurance and test strategies for the Product Engineering teams
- Creation of Test Plans and perform Test execution
- Work with the Test Leads and Engineering management to drive through best practice, techniques and technology, notably around CI/CD and test tooling.
- To escalate within the project any key quality and testing issues and concerns.
- To help execute manual and automation scripts, modify frameworks, develop new scripts for use within the project and beyond.
- Where required, to assist in the preparation of test plans, effort estimation and test scripts for project deliverables.
- Maintains a "big and complete" picture view of specific products, including dependencies, organisational goals, technology arena, etc.
- Contribute to performance testing capability.
- Stakeholder liaison and alignment with senior people in the SGDigital projects, from Product teams to Operations and Architecture.
Knowledge & Experience
- Ideally 3+ years’ experience in a hands-on QA and testing role.
- Additionally, 1+ years in an engineering role.
- Demonstrable experience in defining and implementing comprehensive test strategies for complex IT projects working in Agile environments, with emphasis on manual & automated testing through to production deployment, also with focus on non-functional requirements, notably performance and scalability.
- Proven communication and presentation skills.
- Dealing with change on a daily basis; must be comfortable both with external factors driving this change as well as internals.
- Should be opinionated, especially about quality.
- Technical skills of relevance:
- Qualified to ISEB/ISTQB Intermediate level OR software testing equivalent to a minimum of 3+ years of QA experience.
- Additionally, minimum of 1 year's experience with TDD and / or BDD, with hands-on experience of Cucumber.
- A minimum of 1 year's experience as an engineer, ideally using Java on UNIX / Linux.
- A working understanding of Docker, Ansible, Maven, Jenkins ,JIRA and Git (BitBucket).
- Accountability and ownership of work assigned.
- Ability to work independently.
- Some experience Web Service, Springboot.
- Experience on working CI/CD tools and processes will be advantage.
- Some experience working on projects making extensive use of code coverage tools such as SonarQube, Serenity and Clover.
Domain knowledge is not required, but having worked on major ecommerce or any significant widely distributed system is.
A Bachelor's degree in a traditional science subject, ideally computer science, engineering or information systems from a well regarded university.
Domain knowledge is not required, but having worked on major eCommerce or any significant widely distributed system is.