Software Engineer (Java)
SG Digital leads the global gaming market, providing innovative software that powers the world’s most successful operators.
We pride ourselves on product innovation and technical excellence and are constantly adding new applications and new functionality to our product suite, used by billions of end users. And, while many other companies have been downsizing, we continue to see growth across our business.
Want to be part of our story?
The Java Software Engineer role will be a key one for the SGD Product Engineering team. Reporting to the Development Lead, the Software Engineer will be shaping and implementing the technology and product deliverables that will drive forward strategic product deliverables.
- Java 8+
- Spring Boot, Spring Security
- REST API, GraphQL
- Maven, git
These are just some of the tasks you may work on:
- Review and refactor existing code with the aim of improving product robustness and performance
- Development of both fixes and new features for Product Engineering products and services, including the production of unit tests as and where required;
- Ensuring code quality is maintained at a high level for products and services delivered by the team the Software Engineer is working with;
- Understanding of solutions architecture and design, including KPI definition;
- Ability to input into planning sessions for sprint planning and sprint retrospectives;
- Escalate issues in areas of material improvement, notably around performance, security and scalability.
If you are the right Java Software Engineer for us you will be able to demonstrate:
- A Bachelor's degree in a traditional science subject, ideally computer science, engineering or information systems from a well-regarded university;
- At least 18 months’ experience developing commercial Java applications;
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly;
- Excellent teamwork skills within a scrum team environment
- Able to deal with changing priorities within a large program;
- Able to take direction from senior team members including, BA’s QA’s and software architects;
- A good understanding of relational databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate etc.)
- Demonstrable experience in developing for large distributed systems, for example, using (preferably) DDD or SOA and ideally also a central ‘broker’ (such as Kafka or an ESB).
It would also be great to see these skills/experiences as well:
- Some experience in use of Akka, Kafka, Spring Boot.
- Experience in the use of Docker, Ansible, Jenkins, and Git (BitBucket).
- Experience with cloud providers, ideally AWS.
Why would you enjoy working with us at SG Digital?
Competitive benefits, an open and supportive environment as well as a modern and exciting workplace
The opportunity to interact with global teams on a regular basis and the possibility to switch teams and projects as you and our business continues to develop and grow
Tangible and genuine development - at OpenBet, you can take your career where you want it to go!
Exposure to real work, business-critical projects and the chance to develop some of the world’s leading e-commerce sportsbooks whilst working on exciting client projects and interact with lots of code!