OpenBet is sport. The world's top sports betting brands choose OpenBet as their partner for world class content, leading tech and tailored services. We have their back. So they’re ready with exciting, memorable and safe sports betting experiences, to entertain millions of players worldwide.
OpenBet’s mission is to power growth and player engagement for operators through a global betting ecosystem that delivers at scale, at speed, at every great sports event. Our 1000 talented colleagues are the market's top team. We achieve billions of bets in a season; 60,000+ per second (more transactions than Amazon on Prime Day); 100% uptime (zero Superbowl crashes!) and we're built on 25 years of imaginative technology that is iterated daily.
OpenBet has established a premium client base of more than 75 operators worldwide and has 34 licences across the fastest growing regulated sports betting markets in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. The team is growing at scale driven by accelerated demand for our products and significant investment. We offer the speed, dynamism and growth opportunities of a start-up, underpinned by the stability and strength of a global employer.
Working at OpenBet every day is an opportunity for you to create exciting betting entertainment for millions of sports fans across the globe.
Want to be part of our future growth?
OpenBet is looking for a Software Developer to work on the next generation of online sports betting and gaming platforms.
In this role with the OpenBet Team, you’ll have exposure to these systems, as well as extensive training and mentoring as you take our solutions and your career to the next level. These are just some of the tasks you may work on:
- Develop new features and functionality for large scale highly performant transactional sites.
- Participate in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Design and Develop solutions that are modular, scalable and portable.
- Work to improve overall system architecture and design components accordingly
- Participate in code reviews.
- Answer business stakeholders' queries about the platform.
- Investigate and develop performance improvements to the platform.
- Develop new solutions to resolve ongoing issues with the platform.
- Work with different partners to solve integration issues.
- Produce robust, clear, polished code using practices like Test-Driven Development (TDD).
- Extract and capture customer requirements using processes like Behavior Driven Development (BDD).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- Experience in a similar position (up to 3 years).
- Working knowledge and experience of one or more of the major programming languages (such as Python, Java, C/C++, PHP) and interest in learning other coding languages.
- Knowledge of database design (any vendor).
- Ability developing on Unix/Linux environment.
- Knowledge on Web technologies and internet protocols (Apache, SOAP, WS-*, ReST, XML, HTTP, TCP/IP, web sockets).
- Ability to learn and be productive with new technologies quickly.
- Pro-active, team player.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
Nice to have
- Scripting skills: Bash and Perl
- Knowledge on CI/CD process and associated tools
- Test automation experience (unit test or other)
Why would you enjoy working with us at OpenBet?
- Competitive benefits, an open and supportive environment as well as a modern and exciting workplace
- The opportunity to interact with global teams on a regular basis and the possibility to switch teams and projects as you and our business continues to develop and grow
- Tangible and genuine development - at OpenBet you can take your career where you want it to go!
- Exposure to real work, business-critical projects and the chance to develop some of the world’s leading e-commerce sportsbooks whilst working on exciting client projects and interact with lots of code!