Software Automation QA Engineer
SG Digital (part of Scientific Games Corp. NASDAQ:SGMS) leads the global gaming market, providing innovative software that powers the world’s most successful operators and online gaming providers.
We pride ourselves on product innovation and technical excellence and are constantly adding new applications and new functionality to our product suite, used by billions of end users. Having recently become the Digital, online Division of the $4bn Scientific Games, we are now in a period of dramatic growth that will see us grow headcount by 30% this year alone.
Want to be part of our story?
We are a group of distributed multidisciplinary engineers, passionate about casino gaming, focused on a few highly scalable distributed platforms on a hybrid technology stack running in public and private clouds.
The Software Engineer QA role will involve working alongside Developers, Software Architects, other QA team members and Senior Software Engineers under the supervision of the Head of QA in order to shape and implement the technology and product deliverables that will drive forward this strategic initiative.
The New Platform team will be more aggressively adopting newer technologies, architectural principles and approaches to development, deployment and monitoring. The Software QA Engineer will be critical to ensuring that test plans and scripts will be of high quality and maintained through the lifecycle of the project ready for future deployment of customer teams once they begin to implement the new functionality.
There will be a mixture of small, but strategically significant projects, and also large scale complex programmes of work, all delivered in an Agile format with direction from Product Management, but with delivery via a tightly contained team focused on quality deliverables across the platform.
- Creation of accurate test cases and plans in agreement with Product and BA teams that will be maintained throughout the project lifecycle and will be provided to customer teams for ongoing deployments
- Should be familiar with Test case management tools (ex Test rail), JIRA, Confluence or equivalent
- Perform Test execution on various products and features and sign off for various releases
- Perform automated testing and / OR automated regression test suite execution
- Report on levels of test coverage and quality metrics across associated projects
- Adherence to QA/QE best practice and ensuring structured feedback is provided to the development and project management teams to ensure the work is carried out in accordance with the agreed project schedule and quality requirements
- Provision of accurate documentation for use by the customers, product teams and internal support
- Ensure test plans are adhered to overall ‘SGD test strategies’ and are in line with Product requirements
- In conjunction with the development teams, own the preparation and execution of test plans and test scripts for specific SGD products
- Demonstrate the business condition(s) under test and the expected results, and ensure test cases reflect product requirements
- Ensure high quality and accuracy is maintained through to the first production deployment
- Prepare and maintain test plans for use on automated testing tools
- Provide feedback to the development team and ensure the work is carried out in accordance with the schedule and the quality requirements
- Raise and monitor project and system related defects and ensure they are re-tested in a timely manner
- Provide estimates and feedback to the Project Manager and Development Manager for project scheduling purposes
- Provide test reports on a regular agreed basis, which detail testing progress, issues and risks
- Escalate within the project any key quality and testing issues and concerns
Knowledge & Experience
- Qualified to ISEB/ ISTQB Foundation level - software testing / B.E. OR equivalent
- Experience of using test tools both enterprise and open source
- Thorough knowledge of structured test methods and procedures
- Proven experience of testing complex user interfaces
- Proven communication and presentation skills
- Good interpersonal skills to communicate at all levels
- A commitment to quality and a thorough approach to work
- Experience with various development methodologies; Agile, TDD, BDD or Waterfall
- Should be opinionated, especially about quality
Technical skills of relevance:
- Qualified to ISEB/ISTQB Foundation level / B.E. OR software testing equivalent to a minimum of 2+ years of Automation / development experience
- 2-4 Years overall Software Industry Experience
- A working knowledge of TDD and / or BDD, with some hands-on experience of Gherkin and Cucumber
- A working understanding of Docker, Ansible, Maven, Jenkins and Git (Stash)
- Experience of Selenium, Appium, Ready! API or Gatlin/Jmeter/locust and OR similar automated tools/frameworks
- Some Java development experience
- Be familiar with JIRA and/or Confluence, Test Rail (or similar test case management tools)
- Demonstrable experience of working on highly complex, distributed systems
- Web testing experience, knowledge on browsers, api testing, AWS will be highly advantageous
- Some experience developing test cases for software developed using Akka, Kafka, Scala, Java and Cassandra
- A working understanding of Docker, Ansible, Maven, Jenkins and Git (BitBucket) would be useful
Domain knowledge is not required, but having worked on a eCommerce projects would be preferable.
Why would you enjoy working with us at SG Digital?
- Competitive benefits, an open and supportive environment as well as a modern and exciting workplace
- The opportunity to interact with global teams on a regular basis and the possibility to switch teams and projects as you and our business continues to develop and grow
- Tangible and genuine development - at SG Digital, you can take your career where you want it to go!
- Exposure to real work, business-critical projects and the chance to develop some of the world’s leading e-commerce sportsbooks whilst working on exciting client projects and interact with lots of code!
And if that’s not enough; you will get to enjoy a stunning work location and flexible working whilst we provide you with the guidance and development skills you need to progress quickly and enhance your career.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: ba0ba7c1-e90f-4996-b3df-621882f3bdd0