Senior Technical Operations Engineer
SG Digital (part of Scientific Games Corp. NASDAQ:SGMS) leads the global gaming market, providing innovative software that powers the world’s most successful operators and online gaming providers.
We pride ourselves on product innovation and technical excellence and are constantly adding new applications and new functionality to our product suite, used by billions of end users. Having recently become the Digital, online Division of the $4bn Scientific Games, we are now in a period of dramatic growth that will see us grow headcount by 30% this year alone.
Want to be part of our story?
We are a group of distributed multidisciplinary engineers, passionate about casino gaming, focused on a few highly scalable distributed platforms on a hybrid technology stack running in public and private clouds.
The teams are small and move fast -- all members are expected to be able to achieve maximum results with minimal direction.
As a Senior Technical Operations Engineer within the global Operations team, you will be focusing on technology & software for one of our product verticals. You will be working closely with the product development teams and DevOps engineers to ensure we get the most out of the software.
You will work in a distributed team across geographical locations. Your ability to adapt and thrive in an international setting is key, and the reward is the opportunity to work with highly skilled colleagues both within the team and outside.
Your ability to spot problems and act on them, as well as your troubleshooting skills will be used a lot. You will need to be a flexible team player with a passion for business and strive to always improve. Your security awareness and accountability are important as we are operating under license in regulated online gaming markets.
· Troubleshoot and resolve issues with system availability, performance and business logic.
· Plan and perform new installations, upgrades and system changes with application focus.
· Ensure system capacity is being monitored and considered in planning.
· Ensure Incidents assigned to the team are being managed within agreed SLAs
· Setup and maintain monitoring of system and ensure all alarms are documented in up-to-date Knowledge Base Articles
· Participate in out of office on-call rotation
· At least 3 years of prior experience working in a DevOps or Systems Administration role.
· Strong background in Linux and a good understanding of networking and databases
· Experience from automation tools such as Ansible
· Monitoring and alerting experience
· Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
Nice To Have:
· Practical knowledge of the Docker container ecosystem.
· A working understanding of code and scripting languages.
· Knowledge and experience of industry leading public IaaS solutions such as AWS
· A good understanding of the software lifecycle, including source code management systems (for example Git) and build/deployment pipelines (for example Jenkins