Senior Technical Operations Engineer
SG Digital (part of Scientific Games Corp. NASDAQ:SGMS) leads the global gaming market, providing innovative software that powers the world’s most successful operators and online gaming providers.
We pride ourselves on product innovation and technical excellence and are constantly adding new applications and new functionality to our product suite, used by billions of end users. Having recently become the Digital, online Division of the $4bn Scientific Games, we are now in a period of dramatic growth that will see us grow headcount by 30% this year alone.
Want to be part of our story?
We are a group of distributed multidisciplinary engineers, passionate about casino gaming, focused on a few highly scalable distributed platforms on a hybrid technology stack running in public and private clouds.
The teams are small and move fast -- all members are expected to be able to achieve maximum results with minimal direction.
Production Engineering is what we do to provide superior services to our customers worldwide. With a DevOps culture combined with the regulatory requirements for our markets we do Site Reliability Engineering our way and call it Production Engineering.
As a Production Engineer within the global Technical Operations department you will be focusing on technology & software for one of our product verticals. You will be working closely with the product development teams, their developers and DevOps engineers to ensure we get the most out of the software.
We move fast when it comes to technology and how our products evolve so training is important and a natural part of our day to day work. Your ability to adapt and spot non-functional processes and procedures is key to remove any obstacles and ensure a lean operation. You will need to be a flexible team player with a passion for business and strive to always improve. Your security awareness and your accountability is important as we are operating under license in regulated online gaming markets.
- Triage, troubleshoot and resolve issues with system availability, latency or performance.
- Triage, troubleshoot and resolve issues with system business logic
- Plan and perform system changes with application focus
- Ensure system capacity is being monitored and considered in planning.
- Ensure Incidents assigned to to the team are being managed within agreed SLAs
- Create and maintain Runbooks used by the team and SOC (Service Operations Center)
- Define, refine and track Service Level Objectives
- Setup and maintain monitoring of system and ensure all alarms are documented in up to date Knowledge Base Articles
- Participate in out of office on-call rotation
Working Monday to Friday in our Stockholm office, with occasional work outside core business hours for system changes
- Prior experience of working in a DevOps / Systems Administration role.
- Strong background in Linux and Networking Administration with a good understanding of storage & databases
- Knowledge and experience of industry leading public IaaS solutions (AWS and/or GCP)
- Experienced with open source solutions for configuration management (for example Ansible), elastic scaling, service discovery (for example HashiCorp Consul), log management (for example ELK & Graylog) and cloud management (for example HashiCorp Terraform)
- Extensive prior experience of working with ITIL processes
- Proven communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills required
- Time management and prioritisation skills
- Practical knowledge of the Docker container ecosystem (for example Kubernetes, Mesos)
- A working understanding of code and scripting languages such as (PHP, Python, Perl and/or Ruby)
- A good understanding of the software lifecycle, including source code management systems (for example Git) and build/deployment pipelines (for example Jenkins)
- Prior experience of the online gaming industry
A performance focused culture throughout the whole business. But that's just our foundation! We also believe in an environment where we embrace people who are tuned in to the sound of creativity and innovation. Our office located in central Stockholm is something that we consider to be a huge plus, don't you? As a truly international company, we can offer you the diversity and the opportunities of the world. Mix this with a people-friendly culture and we got a pretty good offer to give.
So, don't just come and work for us, spend your time with us!
We look forward to receiving your application! Selection and interviews are conducted continuously. Only those legally eligible to work in Sweden will be considered for this position.