Senior Technical Operations Engineer - Platform
SG Digital (part of Scientific Games Corp. NASDAQ:SGMS) leads the global gaming market, providing innovative software that powers the world’s most successful operators and online gaming providers.
We pride ourselves on product innovation and technical excellence and are constantly adding new applications and new functionality to our product suite, used by billions of end users. Having recently become the Digital, online Division of the $4bn Scientific Games, we are now in a period of dramatic growth that will see us grow headcount by 30% this year alone.
Want to be part of our story?
We are a group of distributed multidisciplinary engineers, passionate about casino gaming, focused on a few highly scalable distributed platforms on a hybrid technology stack running in public and private clouds.
The teams are small and move fast -- all members are expected to be able to achieve maximum results with minimal direction.
In this role you will work with the Open Platform System (OPS). The OPS is an advanced and highly transaction intensive gaming and account system, handling player data, wagers, payments and game specific business logic. The platform is widely used by gaming operators around the world.
As a Senior Technical Operations Engineer you will be responsible for ensuring that our customer-facing applications are supported, maintained and installed correctly. The role involves both support work as well as working on new customer implementation projects. The product is running mostly on Microsoft platforms, but basic Linux knowledge is also required. You will be focusing on technology and software and handle incoming incidents, change requests, problems and in-depth root cause analyses. You will also be working closely with the product and development teams to ensure we get the most out of the software. Your responsibilities also include:
- Software deployments using Powershell
- Ensure Incidents assigned to the team are being managed within agreed SLAs
- Triage, troubleshoot and resolve issues with system availability, latency or performance.
- Setup and maintain monitoring of systems and ensure alarms are documented in up to date Knowledge Base Articles.
- Create and maintain Runbooks used by the team
You will work in a team of five experienced colleagues that all work with the same systems and product. It is a fast-paced environment where each team member play a central role for the business.
We are looking for a person who has previous experience of working with Systems Administration or DevOps with an application focus. We believe that you love troubleshooting and get excited when you need to investigate problems or learn new features. You are a flexible team player with strong problem-solving skills, have a passion for business and the ability to communicate with different stakeholders within the organisation. As a person you are curious and always want to improve yourself as well as the team. We also believe you have experience of working with ITIL processes and knowledge about industry leading public IaaS solutions such as AWS or GCP.
Why would you enjoy working with us at SG Digital?
- Competitive benefits, an open and supportive environment as well as a modern and exciting workplace
- The opportunity to interact with global teams on a regular basis and the possibility to switch teams and projects as you and our business continues to develop and grow
- Tangible and genuine development - at SG Digital, you can take your career where you want it to go!
- Exposure to real work, business-critical projects and the chance to develop some of the world’s leading e-commerce sportsbooks whilst working on exciting client projects and interact with lots of code!
And if that’s not enough; you will get to enjoy a stunning work location and flexible working whilst we provide you with the guidance and development skills you need to progress quickly and enhance your career.