Senior Support Engineer
SG Digital leads the global gaming market, providing innovative software that powers the world’s most successful operators.
We pride ourselves on product innovation and technical excellence and are constantly adding new applications and new functionality to our product suite, as well as integrating with the greatest gaming content providers in the market, used by billions of end users. And, while many other companies have been downsizing, we continue to see growth across our business.
Want to be part of our story!
Responsibilities of a Senior Support Engineer at SG Digital:
- Owning and investigating a wide variety of issues at both an application and database level
- Producing robust, well-written solutions for these issues
- Effectively communicating investigation status to the Customer
- Deployment of fixes to both test & live environments, depending on defined Customer process
- Liaising with the development and problem management. teams as appropriate to resolve issues
- Provide support and mentorship to junior members of the team and ensure quick resolution to escalated issues
- Leading conference calls with Customers and performing major incident analysis
- Technical review of fixes created by the team
- Responsible for identifying and delivering improvements to knowledge base, support processes & tools.
If you are the right Support Engineer for us, you'll be able to demonstrate:
- Extensive experience in an application support/development role, with proven record of technical investigation and creating solutions to problems
- Strong fundamental programming skills (data structures, algorithms) in at least one major language (Java, J2EE, C, C++, etc.).
- Significant experience in at least one major area (Database, Linux, Web Development)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- An ability to learn new technologies quickly
- A bachelor’s degree (1st or 2:1) in computer science, engineering, or information systems from a well-regarded university
The ideal candidate would also have the following skills/experiences:
- Experience developing on Unix/Linux
- Strong experience with LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) website design
- Website development skills (HTML, HTML5 and CSS)
- Web technologies and internet protocols (XML, HTTP, TCP/IP)
- Experience using version control systems (GIT, Subversion, CVS, etc.)
Why would you enjoy this opportunity with SG Digital?:
- The opportunity to interact with global teams, and where appropriate switch teams and projects as you and our business continues to develop and grow
- Tangible career development, where you can take your career where you want it to go!
- Exposure to real world and business critical projects
And if that’s not enough; you will get to enjoy amazing benefits, a stunning work location and flexible working whilst we provide you with the guidance and development skills you need to progress quickly and enhance your career.