Senior Software QA Automation Engineer
SG Digital (part of Scientific Games Corp. NASDAQ:SGMS) leads the global gaming market, providing innovative software that powers the world’s most successful operators and online gaming providers.
We pride ourselves on product innovation and technical excellence and are constantly adding new applications and new functionality to our product suite, used by billions of end users. Having recently become the Digital, online Division of the $4bn Scientific Games, we are now in a period of dramatic growth that will see us grow headcount by 30% this year alone.
Want to be part of our story?
We are a group of distributed multidisciplinary engineers, passionate about casino gaming, focused on a few highly scalable distributed platforms on a hybrid technology stack running in public and private clouds.
The teams are small and move fast -- all members are expected to be able to achieve maximum results with minimal direction.
The Senior Software Engineer QA role will be central to the SGDigital New Product Development (NPD) team. The Senior Software Engineer QA will be working alongside Development Managers, Programme and Project Managers, Software Architects and Senior Software Engineers in order to shape and implement the technology and product deliverables that will drive forward this strategic initiative.
The NPD team will be more aggressively adopting newer technologies, architectural principles and approaches to deployment and monitoring. The Senior QA Engineer will be critical to ensure that QA and test strategies, tooling and standards are embedded into the NPD development processes from day one. The Senior QA Engineer will be expected to actively contribute to the overall technical strategy for NPD deliverables, and will deputise for the Test Leads on occasions where deemed necessary. A Senior Software Engineer QA is expected to be highly technical, originally from a software engineering background, as the production of test harnesses and frameworks will be necessary.
The NPD team structure is currently being defined, so some aspects will evolve during the first 6 to 12 months, so a "can do" attitude and out-of-the-box thinking will be prerequisites!
- Working closely with the Test Lead/s to act as feature/system owner for any required new QA and test tools
- Defining levels of test coverage for specific NPD deliverables, in line with product requirements and associated SLAs
- Perform Test execution and produce test reports
- Managing quality metrics across specific NPD projects
- Adherence to QA / QE best practice for specific NPD projects
- Ensuring structured feedback is provided to the development teams and to ensure the work is carried out in accordance with the agreed project schedule and quality requirements
- Provision of accurate documentation for use by the customers, product teams and internal support
- Production of test cases and associated documentation as required
- Production of technical test harnesses and frameworks will be required
- Active contribution to the definition and implementation of Quality Assurance and test strategies for the NPD teams
- Creation of Test Plans and perform Test execution
- Apply QA best practices defined for programme into projects
- Work with the Test Lead/s, Engineering and Operational Excellence management to drive through best practice, techniques and technology both on the NPD team and around the company, notably around CI/CD and test tooling
- To escalate within the project any key quality and testing issues and concerns
- To help execute automation scripts, modify frameworks, develop new scripts for use within the project and beyond
- Where required, to assist in the preparation of test plans, effort estimation and test scripts for NPD deliverables
- Maintains a "big and complete" picture view of specific products, including dependencies, organisational goals, technology arena, etc.
- Engagement on the production of SLAs for NPD deliverables
- May have line management and mentoring of some QA team members, with QA team members embedded in the various development "stream" teams
- Supporting the recruitment of QA team members (CV screening, Telephone Interview and Face to face interview), when needed
- Stakeholder liaison and alignment with senior people in the SGDigtial projects, from Product teams to Operations and Architecture
Knowledge & Experience
- Ideally 5+ years’ experience in a hands-on automation QA and automation testing role, with a minimum of 2 years’ experience leading teams of highly technical QA and test staff
- Additionally, 2+ years in an engineering role
- Demonstrable experience in defining and implementing comprehensive test strategies for complex IT projects working in Agile environments, with emphasis on automated testing through to production deployment, also with focus on non-functional requirements, notably performance and scalability
- Ability to work as part of a senior management group leading the NPD programme
- Experience in contributing to company strategic planning or responsibility for team strategy
- Proven communication and presentation skills
- Dealing with change on a daily basis; must be comfortable both with external factors driving this change as well as internals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Should be opinionated, especially about quality
Technical skills of relevance:
- Qualified to ISEB/ISTQB Intermediate level OR software testing equivalent to a minimum of 5+ years of QA experience
- Additionally, minimum of 2 years’ experience with TDD and / or BDD, with hands-on experience of Gherkin and Cucumber
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as an engineer, using Java on UNIX / Linux
- A working understanding of JIRA, Docker, Ansible, Maven, Jenkins and Git (Stash)
- Some experience developing test strategies for software developed using Akka, Kafka, Java, Scala and Cassandra
- Experience on working CI/CD tools and processes will be advantage
- Some experience in working in an environment using Domain Driven Design, the actor model, event-sourcing and CQRS
- Some experience working on projects making extensive use of code coverage tools such as SonarQube, Serenity and Clover
Domain knowledge is not required, but having worked on major ecommerce or any significant widely distributed system is.
Why would you enjoy working with us at SG Digital?
- Competitive benefits, an open and supportive environment as well as a modern and exciting workplace
- The opportunity to interact with global teams on a regular basis and the possibility to switch teams and projects as you and our business continues to develop and grow
- Tangible and genuine development - at SG Digital, you can take your career where you want it to go!
- Exposure to real work, business-critical projects and the chance to develop some of the world’s leading e-commerce sportsbooks whilst working on exciting client projects and interact with lots of code!
And if that’s not enough; you will get to enjoy a stunning work location and flexible working whilst we provide you with the guidance and development skills you need to progress quickly and enhance your career.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 506af5d8-7a43-4a18-b7f0-a2da5e8dc6f0