Senior Software Engineer
SG Digital leads the global gaming market, providing innovative software that powers the world’s most successful operators.
We pride ourselves on product innovation and technical excellence and are constantly adding new applications and new functionality to our product suite, used by billions of end users. And, while many other companies have been downsizing, we continue to see growth across our business.
Want to be part of our story?
We are a team of passionate, self-motivated, results-oriented technologists that deliver value to our customers through useful and working software. We are driven by respect, trust, teamwork, and excellence. Our team shares an agile mindset and attitude towards value-delivery, continuously striving for higher-quality decision making, better-quality products, faster delivery, and stronger team member engagement. We deliver the next generation technology behind innovative products that change the gaming industry.
As part of our team, you will:
- Work with others as part of a self-organizing team to design, build, and run products and services.
- Review and refactor existing code to improve our platform's reliability, robustness, performance, and operability.
- Work within a scrum setting and deliver value to the business incrementally in sprints.
- Become part of a value-oriented culture ensuring the quality of products and services delivered by the team.
- Identify and escalate issues or areas that need improvement.
- Be accountable for the services the team delivers and ensure they run reliably in production.
- Document, present and explain technical solutions
- B.Sc. degree in Computer Science or related scientific/engineering field
- Deep understanding of core software engineering principles, patterns, and practices such as Object-Oriented Design, Domain Driven Design, Test Driven Development, Behaviour Driven Development, CI/CD
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- 2+ years of experience working in agile teams.
- Experienced in working with both relational (SQL, DDL, ACID) and non-relational databases.
- Comfortable with Unix/Linux environments
- Ability to work with others and assume shared ownership for our work
- Self-motivated with a drive for excellence
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and effectively.
- Passionate about technology
- Fluency in English
Nice to have but not required - not to worry, we’re here to help :-)
- Knowledge of AWS cloud platform
- Experienced in application containerization using Docker.
Why would you enjoy working with us at SG Digital?
Competitive benefits, an open and supportive environment as well as a modern and exciting workplace
The opportunity to interact with global teams on a regular basis and the possibility to switch teams and projects as you and our business continues to develop and grow
Tangible and genuine development - at SG Digital you can take your career where you want it to go!
Exposure to real work, business-critical projects and the chance to develop some of the world’s leading e-commerce sportsbooks whilst working on exciting client projects and interact with lots of code!
And if that’s not enough; you will get to enjoy a stunning work location and flexible working whilst we provide you with the guidance and development skills you need to progress quickly and enhance your career.