Senior Software Engineer
SG Digital is a world leader in gaming entertainment offering the industry's broadest and most integrated portfolio of game content, advanced systems, cutting-edge platforms and professional services. The company is #1 in technology-based gaming systems, digital real-money gaming and sports betting platforms, casino table games and utility products and lottery instant games, and a leading provider of games, systems and services for casino, lottery and social gaming. Committed to responsible gaming, Scientific Games delivers what customers and players value most: trusted security, engaging entertainment content, operating efficiencies and innovative technology
At SG Digital we have 1,650+ employees and over 200 customers. We currently provide our technology to customers across the globe. Our head office is in Las Vegas with principal offices in London, Stockholm, Athens, Sydney, Montreal, and Chicago, as well as 27 other offices worldwide.
These are just some of the tasks you may work on:
Investigating and developing performance improvements to the platform
Developing new solutions to resolve ongoing issues with the platform
Being involved with the BA team to provide technical support for small, medium and large projects
Answering business stakeholders's queries about the platform
Working with different integration partners to solve integration issues
- Assisting the support team in investigating production issues
The Day to Day Responsibilities will be to:
Develop new features and functionality for high transaction, large scale betting websites
Participate in design and code reviews
Identify and address performance bottlenecks in the software
Designing solutions that are modular, scalable and portable
- Work to improve overall system architecture and design components to meet those goals
If you are the right Senior Software Engineer for us you will be able to demonstrate:
A bachelor’s degree in a traditional science subject, ideally computer science, engineering, or information systems from a well-regarded university
Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
Demonstrable talent coding in at least one major language (Java, J2EE, C, C++)
Demonstrable talent in writing and using algorithms and assessing time complexity and performance
Strong commercial experience in developing software
- Demonstrable experience in large scale system design
It would also be great to see these skills/experiences as well:
Experience developing on Unix/Linux
Web technologies and internet protocols (SOAP, WS-*, ReST, XML, HTTP, TCP/IP)
Experience with Continuous Integration and Automated unit testing frameworks
Experience in developing large distributed systems and concepts such as caching, sharding, consistent hashing, interprocess communication and brokering
- Ability to learn and critique new technologies quickly
Why would you enjoy working with us at SG Digital?:
- Competitive benefits, an open and supportive environment as well as a modern and exciting workplace.
- The opportunity to interact with global teams on a regular basis and the possibility to switch teams and projects as you and our business continues to develop and grow.
- Training support and the opportunity for further career development in cut edge technologies & practices.
- Tangible and genuine development - at SG Digital, you can take your career where you want it to go!
- Exposure to real work, business-critical projects and the chance to develop some of the world’s leading e-commerce sportsbooks whilst working on exciting client projects.