Senior Software Engineer
SG Digital leads the online gaming and sports betting industry with cutting-edge software and technologies that put the player first. Our solutions are used by some of the world's most successful operators, including William Hill, Ladbrokes, Paddy Power, Betfair and SkyBet. Our world-leading OpenSports product portfolio processes over 70% of all UK & Gibraltar regulated bets, on a system that offers unparalleled levels of performance and scalability.
Our customer teams ensure that our global clients receive ongoing support and development to keep their sports betting solutions ahead rapidly evolving tech trends.
With offices in the UK, North America, Australia, Greece, and Romania, over 20 customers in the online gaming industry and over 100 partners worldwide, SG Digital provides the most open gaming platform and a product suite that ensures the very best and most flexible solution available. We are passionate about the work we do and have built a reputation on the high quality of our software, our delivery and client satisfaction.
SG Digital is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join one of our teams as we continue to work on the next generation of online sports betting platforms.
As a Senior Software Engineer with the SG Digital Team, you’ll have exposure to these systems, as well as extensive training and mentoring as you take our solutions and your career to the next level.
These are just some of the tasks you may work on as a Senior Software Engineer at SG Digital.
- Work as part of a self-organising Agile team to develop new features and functionality for large scale betting websites;
- Participate in code reviews;
- Design solutions that are modular, scalable and portable;
- Work to improve overall system architecture and design components accordingly;
- Answer business stakeholders' queries about the platform;
- Investigate and develop performance improvements to the platform;
- Develop new solutions to resolve ongoing issues with the platform;
- Work with different partners to solve integration issues;
- Assist the support team in investigating production issues.
- Produce robust, clear, polished code using practices like Test-Driven Development (TDD);
- Extract and capture customer requirements using processes like BDD.
If you are the right candidate for us you will be able to demonstrate:
- A bachelor’s degree in a traditional science subject, ideally computer science, engineering, or information systems from a well-regarded university;
- Demonstrable coding talent in at least one major language (Java, J2EE, C, C++, C#, Python or PHP);
- Demonstrable experience in large scale system design and application Performance tuning;
- Database design/optimisation experience (any vendor);
- Ability to learn and be productive with new technologies quickly;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken;
- A "can do" attitude and out-of-the-box thinking;
- Experience of informally coaching and leading less experienced Software Engineers.
- Challenges the status quo & looks for new and innovative ways of doing things.
It would also be great to see these skills/experiences as well:
- Familiarity developing on Unix/Linux;
- Knowledge on CI or CD and the associated tools;
- Test automation experience (unit test or other);
- Experience on Web technologies and internet protocols (Apache, SOAP, WS-*, ReST, XML, HTTP, TCP/IP, websockets)
Why would you enjoy working with us at SG Digital?
- Competitive benefits, an open and supportive environment as well as a modern and exciting workplace;
- The opportunity to interact with global teams, and where appropriate switch teams and projects as you and our business continue to develop and grow;
- Tangible and genuine career development - at SG Digital, where you can take your career where you want it to go!
- Exposure to real-world and business-critical projects & the chance to develop some of the world’s leading e-commerce sportsbooks whilst working with various clients and seeing lots of code!
And if that’s not enough, you will get to enjoy flexible working, whilst we provide you with the guidance and development skills you need to progress quickly and enhance your career.