Senior Software Engineer (React)
SG Digital leads the online gaming and sports betting industry with cutting-edge software and technologies that put the player first. Our solutions are used by some of the world's most successful operators, including William Hill, Ladbrokes, Paddy Power, Betfair and SkyBet.
With offices in the UK, US, Canada, Australia, Greece and Sweden, over 20 customers in the online gaming industry and over 100 partners worldwide, SG Digital provides the most open gaming platform and a product suite that ensures the very best and most flexible solution available. We are passionate about the work we do and have built a reputation for the high quality of our software, our delivery, and client satisfaction.
Want to be part of our story?
These are just some of the tasks you may work on:
- Ensuring that UI features and functionality adhere to the agreed corporate and product UX standards and design guidelines;
- Mentorship of less experienced Software Engineers;
- Work with Product Owners and designers to create a great UX for the end-users;
- Proactively identify and address areas of material improvement, notably around UI performance and code complexity;
- Supporting the Development Manager and Tech Leads to ensure continuous quality improvement in the development teams;
- Ability to act as a tech lead for a scrum team, working along the Scrum Master and the Product Owner to define features and oversee their development.
If you are the right candidate for us your will be able to demonstrate:
- A Bachelor's degree in a traditional science subject, ideally computer science, engineering or information systems from a well-regarded university;
- At least 6 years of experience developing commercial web applications;
- Ability to learn and critique new technologies quickly;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentations to peer groups;
- Excellent teamwork skills, capable of supervising a small sub-team or deputizing in a management role.
- Experience in contributing to and influencing technical strategic planning or responsibility for a technical strategy.
Extensive and demonstrable experience understanding of:
- Web markup, including HTML5, CSS3;
- Server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS;
- Asynchronous request handling, partial page updates using internet data protocols and services (RESTful/JSON, SOAP, WS-*, HTTP).
- Excellent knowledge of web security practices and high-performance design;
- Excellent knowledge of general UX principles for web applications, including responsive and adaptive design principles;
- Very good understanding of SEO principles;
- Particularly good knowledge of web analytics;
- Good understanding of the use of Git (Stash), Docker, Ansible, Jenkins and CI/CD frameworks.
It would also be great to see these skills/experiences as well:
- Knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies.
- Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop.
- Experience with LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) website design.
- Familiarity with Drupal 8 or any other common internet PHP based CMS.
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with TDD and / or BDD.
Domain knowledge is not required, but having worked on major eCommerce or any significant widely distributed system is.
Why would you enjoy working with us at SG Digital?
Competitive benefits, an open and supportive environment as well as a modern and exciting workplace
The opportunity to interact with global teams on a regular basis and the possibility to switch teams and projects as you and our business continues to develop and grow
Tangible and genuine development - at SG Digital you can take your career where you want it to go!
Exposure to real-world & business-critical projects and the chance to develop some of the world’s leading e-commerce sportsbooks whilst working on exciting client projects and interact with lots of code!
And if that’s not enough; you will get to enjoy flexible working whilst we provide you with the guidance and development skills you need to progress quickly and enhance your career.