Senior Software Engineer QA
OpenBet is sport. The world's top sports betting brands choose OpenBet as their partner for world class content, leading tech and tailored services. We have their back. So they’re ready with exciting, memorable and safe sports betting experiences, to entertain millions of players worldwide.
OpenBet’s mission is to power growth and player engagement for operators through a global betting ecosystem that delivers at scale, at speed, at every great sports event. Our 1000 talented colleagues are the market's top team. We achieve billions of bets in a season; 60,000+ per second (more transactions than Amazon on Prime Day); 100% uptime (zero Superbowl crashes!) and we're built on 25 years of imaginative technology that is iterated daily.
OpenBet has established a premium client base of more than 75 operators worldwide and has 34 licences across the fastest growing regulated sports betting markets in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. The team is growing at scale driven by accelerated demand for our products and significant investment. We offer the speed, dynamism and growth opportunities of a start-up, underpinned by the stability and strength of a global employer.
Working at OpenBet every day is an opportunity for you to create exciting betting entertainment for millions of sports fans across the globe.
Want to be part of our evolving future growth?
- Creation of accurate and high-level test cases, automation scripts, and plans in agreement with Product and BA teams that will be maintained throughout the project lifecycle and will be provided to customer teams for ongoing deployments.
- Reporting on levels of test coverage and quality metrics across associated projects.
- Provision of accurate documentation for use by the customers, product teams, and internal support.
- Provide test reports on a regular agreed basis which detail testing progress, issues, and risks.
- Working closely with the Test Lead/s to act as a feature/system owner for automation development tasks.
- Maintains a "big and complete" picture view of specific products, including dependencies, organizational goals, technology arena, etc.
- Engagement on the production of SLAs for project deliverables.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience of using test tools both enterprise and open source.
- A Technical background - BSc or equivalent in IT/Engineering/Scientific or related discipline and professional experience of minimum of two years in IT.
- Demonstrable ability to define and construct automated test cases to a high level (e.g. using Gherkin / Cucumber, Selenium, QTP or Postman etc.).
- Good interpersonal skills to communicate at all levels.
- Thorough knowledge of structured test methods and procedures.
- Proven experience of testing complex user interfaces.
- Proven communication and presentation skills.
- A commitment to quality and a thorough approach to work.
- Experience with various development methodologies; Agile, TDD or Waterfall.
- Should be opinionated, especially about quality.
It would also be great to see these skills/experiences as well:
- A genuine interest in North American sports and a knowledge of sports betting and the sports betting industry
- Experience of working on highly complex, distributed system.
- Some experience developing test cases for software developed using Java (esp Spring and Spring Boot), C#, web-based APIs and/or AI/Machine Learning systems
- A working understanding of Maven, Jenkins, and Git (BitBucket).
- Understanding of Behaviour/Test Driven Development.
- Experience working with version control systems.
- Qualified to ISEB/ISTQB Foundation level.
Why would you enjoy working with us at OpenBet?
- Competitive benefits, an open and supportive environment as well as a modern and exciting workplace
- The opportunity to interact with global teams on a regular basis and the possibility to switch teams and projects as you and our business continues to develop and grow
- Tangible and genuine development - at OpenBet, you can take your career where you want it to go!
- Exposure to real work, business-critical projects and the chance to develop some of the world’s leading e-commerce sportsbooks whilst working on exciting client projects and interact with lots of code!
And if that’s not enough; you will get to enjoy a stunning work location and flexible working whilst we provide you with the guidance and development skills you need to progress quickly and enhance your career.