Senior Software Engineer (QA)
OpenBet leads the global gaming market, providing innovative software that powers the world’s most successful operators.
We pride ourselves on product innovation and technical excellence and are constantly adding new applications and new functionality to our product suite, used by billions of end users. And, while many other companies have been downsizing, we continue to see growth across our business.
Want to be part of our story?
The Software Engineer QA role will involve working alongside Developers, Software Architects, other QA team members and Senior Software Engineers under the supervision of the Head of QA in order to shape and implement the technology and product deliverables that will drive forward this strategic initiative.
The Software QA Engineer will be critical to ensuring that test plans and scripts will be of high quality and maintained through the lifecycle of the project ready for future deployment of customer teams once they begin to implement the new functionality.
There will be a mixture of small, but strategically significant projects, and also large scale complex programmes of work, all delivered in an Agile format with direction from Product Management, but with delivery via a tightly contained team focused on quality deliverables across the platform.
- Creation of accurate test cases and plans in agreement with Product and BA teams that will be maintained throughout the project lifecycle and will be provided to customer teams for ongoing deployments
- Should be familiar with Test case management tools (ex TestRail), JIRA, Confluence or equivalent
- Perform Test execution on various products and features and sign off for various releases
- Perform automated testing and automated regression test suite execution
- Report on levels of test coverage and quality metrics across associated projects
- Adherence to QA/QE best practice and ensuring structured feedback is provided to the development and project management teams to ensure the work is carried out in accordance with the agreed project schedule and quality requirements
- Provision of accurate documentation for use by the customers, product teams and internal support
- Ensure test plans are adhered to company’s test strategies and are in line with Product requirements
- In conjunction with the development teams, own the preparation and execution of test plans and test scripts for specific products
- Demonstrate the business condition(s) under test and the expected results, and ensure test cases reflect product requirements
- Ensure high quality and accuracy is maintained through to the first production deployment
- Prepare and maintain test plans for use on automated testing tools
- Provide feedback to the development team and ensure the work is carried out in accordance with the schedule and the quality requirements
- Raise and monitor project and system related defects and ensure they are re-tested in a timely manner
- Provide estimates and feedback to the Project Manager and Development Manager for project scheduling purposes
- Provide test reports on a regular agreed basis, which detail testing progress, issues and risks
- Escalate within the project any key quality and testing issues and concerns
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience in using test tools both enterprise and open source
- Thorough knowledge of structured test methods and procedures
- Proven experience in testing complex user interfaces
- Proven communication and presentation skills
- Good interpersonal skills to communicate at all levels
- A commitment to quality and a thorough approach to work
- Experience with various development methodologies; Agile, TDD, BDD or Waterfall
- Qualified to ISEB/ ISTQB Foundation level - software testing / B.E. OR equivalent
Technical skills of relevance:
- Qualified to ISEB/ISTQB Foundation level / B.E. OR software testing equivalent to a minimum of 4+ years of Automation / development experience
- 6+ Years overall Software Industry Experience
- A working knowledge of TDD and / or BDD, with some hands-on experience of Gherkin and Cucumber
- A working understanding of Docker, Ansible, Maven, Jenkins and Git (Stash)
- Experience of Selenium, Appium, Ready! API, Cypress, Playwright or Gatlin/Jmeter/locust and OR similar automated tools/frameworks
- Java development experience
- Be familiar with JIRA and/or Confluence, Test Rail (or similar test case management tools)
- Demonstrable experience of working on highly complex, distributed systems
- Web testing experience, knowledge of compatibility testing, API testing, AWS will be highly advantageous
- Experience developing test cases for software developed using Akka, Kafka, Scala, Java and Cassandra
- A working understanding of Docker, Ansible, Maven, Jenkins and Git (BitBucket) would be useful
Domain knowledge is not required, but having worked on a major eCommerce projects is required
Why would you enjoy working with us at OpenBet?
- Competitive benefits, an open and supportive environment as well as a modern and exciting workplace
- The opportunity to interact with global teams on a regular basis and the possibility to switch teams and projects as you and our business continues to develop and grow
- Tangible and genuine development - at SGD, you can take your career where you want it to go!
- Exposure to real work, business-critical projects and the chance to develop some of the world’s leading e-commerce sportsbooks whilst working on exciting client projects and interact with lots of code!
And if that’s not enough; you will get to enjoy a stunning work location and flexible working whilst we provide you with the guidance and development skills you need to progress quickly and enhance your career.