Senior Software Engineer QA
SG Digital (part of Scientific Games Corp. NASDAQ:SGMS) leads the global gaming market, providing innovative software that powers the world’s most successful operators and online gaming providers. We pride ourselves on product innovation and technical excellence and are constantly adding new applications and new functionality to our product suite, used by billions of end users. Having recently become the Digital, online Division of the $4bn Scientific Games, we are now in a period of dramatic growth that will see us grow headcount by 30% this year alone.
Want to be part of our story?
We are a group of distributed multidisciplinary developers, passionate about sports and the sports betting industry, focused on a few highly scalable distributed platforms on a hybrid technology stack running in public and private clouds.
The teams are small and move fast -- all members are expected to be able to achieve maximum results with minimal direction.
- Creation of accurate and high-level test cases, automation scripts, and plans in agreement with Product and BA teams that will be maintained throughout the project lifecycle and will be provided to customer teams for ongoing deployments.
- Reporting on levels of test coverage and quality metrics across associated projects.
- Provision of accurate documentation for use by the customers, product teams, and internal support.
- Provide test reports on a regular agreed basis which detail testing progress, issues, and risks.
- Working closely with the Test Lead/s to act as a feature/system owner for automation development tasks.
- Maintains a "big and complete" picture view of specific products, including dependencies, organizational goals, technology arena, etc.
- Engagement on the production of SLAs for project deliverables.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience of using test tools both enterprise and open source.
- A Technical background - BSc or equivalent in IT/Engineering/Scientific or related discipline and professional experience of minimum of two years in IT.
- Demonstrable ability to define and construct automated test cases to a high level (e.g. using Gherkin / Cucumber, Selenium, QTP or Postman etc.).
- Good interpersonal skills to communicate at all levels.
- Thorough knowledge of structured test methods and procedures.
- Proven experience of testing complex user interfaces.
- Proven communication and presentation skills.
- A commitment to quality and a thorough approach to work.
- Experience with various development methodologies; Agile, TDD or Waterfall.
- Should be opinionated, especially about quality.
It would also be great to see these skills/experiences as well:
- A genuine interest in North American sports and a knowledge of sports betting and the sports betting industry
- Experience of working on highly complex, distributed system.
- Some experience developing test cases for software developed using Java (esp Spring and Spring Boot), C#, web-based APIs and/or AI/Machine Learning systems
- A working understanding of Maven, Jenkins, and Git (BitBucket).
- Understanding of Behaviour/Test Driven Development.
- Experience working with version control systems.
- Qualified to ISEB/ISTQB Foundation level.
Why would you enjoy working with us at SG Digital?
- Competitive benefits, an open and supportive environment as well as a modern and exciting workplace
- The opportunity to interact with global teams on a regular basis and the possibility to switch teams and projects as you and our business continues to develop and grow
- Tangible and genuine development - at SG Digital, you can take your career where you want it to go!
- Exposure to real work, business-critical projects and the chance to develop some of the world’s leading e-commerce sportsbooks whilst working on exciting client projects and interact with lots of code!
And if that’s not enough; you will get to enjoy a stunning work location and flexible working whilst we provide you with the guidance and development skills you need to progress quickly and enhance your career.