Senior Software Engineer L3 - OpenBet Product
OpenBet is sport. The world's top sports betting brands choose OpenBet as their partner for world-class content, leading tech, and tailored services. We have their back. So they’re ready with exciting, memorable, and safe sports betting experiences, to entertain millions of players worldwide.
OpenBet’s mission is to power growth and player engagement for operators through a global betting ecosystem that delivers at scale, at speed, at every great sports event. Our 1000 talented colleagues are the market's top team. We achieve billions of bets in a season; 60,000+ per second (more transactions than Amazon on Prime Day); 100% uptime (zero Superbowl crashes!) and we're built on 25 years of imaginative technology that is iterated daily.
OpenBet has established a premium client base of more than 75 operators worldwide and has 34 licenses across the fastest growing regulated sports betting markets in North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific. The team is growing at scale driven by accelerated demand for our products and significant investment. We offer the speed, dynamism, and growth opportunities of a start-up, underpinned by the stability and strength of a global employer.
Working at OpenBet every day is an opportunity for you to create exciting betting entertainment for millions of sports fans across the globe.
Want to be part of our evolving future growth?
OpenBet is looking for a talented Full Stack Senior Software Engineer to work on the next generation of online sports betting platforms. Our world leading sportsbook products process over 70% of all regulated sports bets, on a system that offers unparalleled levels of performance and scalability.
Our product and engineering teams ensure that the OpenBet Sportsbook product continuously evolves for our global clients, keeping them at the cutting edge of the market.
As a Full Stack Senior Software Engineer with the OpenBet product engineering team, you’ll contribute to our full sportsbook platform. You will utilise a variety of software and database technologies, and gain and share valuable skillsets associated with highly available, high transaction systems. At OpenBet you will receive the support and training needed to succeed and progress your career at pace, with a strong promote from within culture for those that are proactive and self-motivated.
- Develop new features and functionality for high transaction, large scale betting websites
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Identify and address performance bottlenecks in the software
- Design solutions that are modular, scalable, and portable
- Work to improve overall system architecture and design components to meet those goals
- Work on full stack, end to end solutions
- Support and help upskill less experienced members of the team
The candidate must have
- 4+ years of commercial experience developing software
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Demonstrable talent coding in at least one major programming language
- Working knowledge of web services, JSON
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Demonstrable experience with TDD and / or BDD
- Knowledge in Java and J2EE
- Experience with React
It would also be great to see these skills/experiences as well:
- Experience developing on Unix/Linux
- Web technologies and internet protocols (SOAP, WS-*, ReST, XML, HTTP, TCP/IP).
- Experience with Maven or another Continuous Integration and Automated unit testing framework
- Experience working with relational database technology, ideally PostgreSQL
- Experience with 3rd party system integration
- Experience in developing large distributed systems and concepts such as caching, sharding, consistent hashing, interprocess communication and brokering
- General understanding of the use of Docker, Ansible, Maven, Jenkins and Git (BitBucket), JIRA
- 1+ years of demonstrable experience in large scale system design
What can OpenBet give you
- Competitive benefits, an open and supportive environment as well as a modern and exciting workplace
- The opportunity to interact with global teams, and where appropriate switch teams and projects as you and our business continue to develop and grow
- Tangible and genuine career development - at SG Digital, where you can take your career where you want it to go!
- Exposure to real world and business critical projects & the chance to develop some of the world’s leading e-commerce sportsbooks whilst working with various clients and seeing lots of code!
- Flexible benefits portal which means you can tailor a package which suits individual needs. These include private medical, enhanced life assurance, dental to name a few.
And if that’s not enough, you will get to enjoy flexible working, whilst we provide you with the guidance and development skills you need to progress quickly and enhance your career.