Senior Software Engineer in Test
SG Digital (part of Scientific Games Corp. NASDAQ:SGMS) leads the global gaming market, providing innovative software that powers the world’s most successful operators and online gaming providers.
We pride ourselves on product innovation and technical excellence and are constantly adding new applications and new functionality to our product suite, used by billions of end users. Having recently become the Digital, online Division of the $4bn Scientific Games, we are now in a period of dramatic growth that will see us grow headcount by 30% this year alone.
Want to be part of our story?
The Senior Software Engineer in Test will join our Center of Competency (Core team) which is central to the Product Development team. The role will be working alongside Automation Architect, Development Managers, Head of QA, Testers and other Senior Software Engineers in order to shape and implement the technology and product deliverables that will drive forward this strategic initiative.
- Develop/enhance/scale our standard automation frameworks and work on new technology solutions.
- Develop and write code to add new scenarios using Java.
- Track Automation metrics.
- Perform Code reviews ( based on features assigned during development ) under the guidance of the Leads/Automation Architect.
- Work with/under the supervision of Automation Architect, Engineers and QAs to drive through best practice, techniques and technology both on the team and around the company, notably around CI/CD and test tooling.
Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in product engineering teams of highly technical staff, experience in an engineering role will be preferable;
- Good technical skills in handling difficult and complex projects and a good understanding of QA tools and processes;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Should be opinionated, especially about quality.
Technical skills of relevance:
- Hands-on engineering experience would be highly advantageous, particularly using Java (version 8 and above) on UNIX / Linux;
- Hands-on experience of Gherkin and familiar with BDD;
- A working understanding of tools usage, CI-CD familiarity like Jenkins and Git (BitBucket) would be useful.
- Python, Kubernetes, AWS, Maven familiarity.
- Knowledge of Selenium, Browserstack would be considered an asset.
- Domain knowledge is not required, but having worked on major eCommerce or any significant widely distributed system is.
Why would you enjoy working with us at SG Digital?
- Competitive benefits, an open and supportive environment as well as a modern and exciting workplace.
- The opportunity to interact with global teams on a regular basis and the possibility to switch teams and projects as you and our business continues to develop and grow.
- Tangible and genuine development - at SG Digital, you can take your career where you want it to go!
- Exposure to real work, business-critical projects and the chance to develop some of the world’s leading e-commerce sportsbooks whilst working on exciting client projects and interact with lots of code!
And if that’s not enough; you will get to enjoy a stunning work location and flexible working whilst we provide you with the guidance and development skills you need to progress quickly and enhance your career.