Senior Software Engineer (CMS)
Scientific Games Digital leads the global gaming market, providing innovative software that powers the world’s most successful operators.
We pride ourselves on product innovation and technical excellence and are constantly adding new applications and new functionality to our product suite, used by billions of end users. And, while many other companies have been downsizing, we continue to see growth across our business.
Want to be part of our story?
The Senior Software Engineer (CMS) role will be a key one for the SG Digital Portal Consolidation team.
The team structure continues to evolve, so a "can do" attitude and out-of-the-box thinking will be prerequisites!
These are just some of the tasks you may work on:
- Development of the Drupal 8 based Content Management System for new Digital Portal User Interface features and functionality.
- Ensuring code quality is maintained for products and services delivered by the team the Software Engineer is working with.
- Ensuring that CMS features and functionality adhere to agreed corporate and product UX standards and design guidelines.
- Work as part of a self-organizing SCRUM team to develop new features and functionality for high volume, large scale betting websites.
- Practice Test-driven development to produce robust, clear, polished, code to a high standard of quality.
- Design solutions that are modular, scalable, extendable and portable
- Work with Product Owners and designers to create a great UX and Content Management System to the platform operators.
- Proactively identify and address areas of material improvement, notably around CMS and UI performance and code complexity.
- Ensure that all team members have a clear understanding of the overall front-end architecture and design components, in the context of meeting product requirements
If you are the right Senior Software Engineer (CMS) for us you will be able to demonstrate:
- A Bachelor's degree in a traditional science subject, ideally computer science, engineering or information systems from a well-regarded university
- At least 4 years of experience developing on PHP based CMS, features for commercial web applications
- Ability to document technical solutions in a variety of formats and to constructively share knowledge with less experienced team members.
- Ability to learn and critique new technologies quickly.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentations to peer groups.
- Excellent teamwork skills, capable of supervising a small sub-team or deputizing in a management role
- Demonstrably being able to deal with change on a daily basis; must be comfortable both with external factors driving this change as well as internal
- Experience in contributing to and influencing technical strategic planning or responsibility for a technical strategy
Technical skills of relevance:
- Extensive and demonstrable experience understanding of:
- PHP 7 OOP;
- Work on popular PHP based CMS platforms, ideally Drupal;
- How to design and map features to JSON schemas and exposing them through standard RESTful or GraphQL services ;
- Knowledge of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3;
- Deployments of HA CMS components and CI/CD pipelines;
- Good knowledge of the LAMP stack;
- Good knowledge of Relational and non-Relational databases like MariaDB;
- General understanding of the use of Docker, Ansible, Jenkins, and Git (Stash).
It would also be great to see these skills/experiences as well:
- Prior experience with Drupal 8 CMS and the Symfony framework;
- Knowledge of CMS taxonomy, User and Role Management and Permissions, Auditing;
- Experience in designing and implementing CMS services for non-web based platforms (i.e. native apps);
- Understanding of general UX principles for web applications, including responsive and adaptive design principles;
- A good understanding of SEO principles and CMS configurations for SEO related content.
- Some experience with TDD and/or BDD;
Domain knowledge is not required, but having worked on major eCommerce or any significant widely distributed system is.
Why would you enjoy working with us at SG Digital?
- Competitive benefits, an open and supportive environment as well as a modern and exciting workplace;
- The opportunity to interact with global teams on a regular basis and the possibility to switch teams and projects as you and our business continues to develop and grow;
- Tangible and genuine development - at SG Digital, you can take your career where you want it to go!
- Exposure to real work, business-critical projects and the chance to develop some of the world’s leading e-commerce sportsbooks whilst working on exciting client projects and interact with lots of code!
And if that’s not enough; you will get to enjoy a stunning work location and flexible working whilst we provide you with the guidance and development skills you need to progress quickly and enhance your career.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 568249ad-f66c-4652-bc4b-a34684e22345