Senior Release Engineer
OpenBet is sport. The world's top sports betting brands choose OpenBet as their partner for world class content, leading tech and tailored services. We have their back. So they’re ready with exciting, memorable and safe sports betting experiences, to entertain millions of players worldwide.
OpenBet’s mission is to power growth and player engagement for operators through a global betting ecosystem that delivers at scale, at speed, at every great sports event. Our 1000 talented colleagues are the market's top team. We achieve billions of bets in a season; 60,000+ per second (more transactions than Amazon on Prime Day); 100% uptime (zero Superbowl crashes!) and we're built on 25 years of imaginative technology that is iterated daily.
OpenBet has established a premium client base of more than 75 operators worldwide and has 34 licences across the fastest growing regulated sports betting markets in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. The team is growing at scale driven by accelerated demand for our products and significant investment. We offer the speed, dynamism and growth opportunities of a start-up, underpinned by the stability and strength of a global employer.
Working at OpenBet every day is an opportunity for you to create exciting betting entertainment for millions of sports fans across the globe.
Want to be part of our evolving future growth?
You will be working on release projects for the leading sports providers in the industry.
This role’s focus will be to coordinate and create product release versions coming out of our Product Engineering teams, and to manage them through our integration and release testing processes through to handover to our Delivery teams.
You will coordinate deployments, carry out initial triage on issues, and feedback to Engineering teams, ensuring issues are fixed at source in a timely manner.
In coordination with the Release Managers, you will collate product fixes into maintenance versions for older releases, keeping close communication with the Delivery teams' timescales.
A key part of the role is continuous improvement, reviewing existing processes, and looking for opportunities for increasing quality and efficiency.
You will also set up?and manage internal integration and test environments with the?OpenBet platform, products, and APIs.
The ideal candidate will need to find innovative solutions to challenging integration problems and have the hands-on technical ability to design and implement solutions.
- Reviewing and understanding business requirements.
- Configuring and deploying the Sportsbook product versions.
- Automating release and deployment processes.
- Analysis, troubleshooting, and testing of integrated software systems.
- Providing 2nd level technical support for integration issues.
- Contributing ideas for?process and automation tooling enhancements.
- Proactive monitoring of existing platforms to ensure on-going stability utilizing SRE dashboards and alerts.
- Tracking and reporting key performance indicators for the Release process.
If you are the right Release Engineer for us, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, including the ability to communicate technical information to non-IT professionals
- Ability to establish confidence, rapport and foster cooperative relationships with customers, partners, and co-workers.
- Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Good knowledge of Linux/Unix OS.
- Demonstrable knowledge of a scripting language
- Knowledge of configuration management tools
- Understanding?of?Version Control systems
- Good knowledge of continuous integration practices and tools
- Demonstrable knowledge of SQL
- Highly motivated, able to work without supervision, eager to learn on the job, and willing to work as part of a team.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, information systems, or equivalent experience.
If you are the right candidate for us you will be able to demonstrate:
- Working experience in systems development life cycle (technical analysis & requirements capturing, development, testing, release, maintenance, and support).
- Understanding of containers and container provisioning
- Awareness of provisioning tools
- Experience with systems integration
- Knowledge of software development methodologies
- Understanding of object-oriented software design principles, data structures and algorithms
Why would you enjoy working with us at OpenBet?
Competitive benefits, an open and supportive environment as well as a modern and exciting workplace.
The opportunity to interact with global teams on a regular basis and the possibility to switch teams and projects as you and our business continues to develop and grow.
Tangible and genuine development - at OpenBet, you can take your career where you want it to go!
Exposure to real work, business-critical projects and the chance to develop some of the world’s leading e-commerce sportsbooks whilst working on exciting client projects and interact with lots of code!
And if that’s not enough; you will get to enjoy flexible working whilst we provide you with the guidance and development skills you need to progress quickly and enhance your career.