Senior React Engineer
OpenBet is sport. The world's top sports betting brands choose OpenBet as their partner for world class content, leading tech and tailored services. We have their back. So they’re ready with exciting, memorable and safe sports betting experiences, to entertain millions of players worldwide.
OpenBet’s mission is to power growth and player engagement for operators through a global betting ecosystem that delivers at scale, at speed, at every great sports event. Our 1000 talented colleagues are the market's top team. We achieve billions of bets in a season; 60,000+ per second (more transactions than Amazon on Prime Day); 100% uptime (zero Superbowl crashes!) and we're built on 25 years of imaginative technology that is iterated daily.
OpenBet has established a premium client base of more than 75 operators worldwide and has 34 licences across the fastest growing regulated sports betting markets in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. The team is growing at scale driven by accelerated demand for our products and significant investment. We offer the speed, dynamism and growth opportunities of a start-up, underpinned by the stability and strength of a global employer.
Working at OpenBet every day is an opportunity for you to create exciting betting entertainment for millions of sports fans across the globe.
Want to be part of our evolving future growth?
OpenBet is looking for a talented Senior React Engineer to work on the next generation of online sports betting platforms. Our world leading sportsbook products process over 70% of all regulated sports bets, on a system that offers unparalleled levels of performance and scalability.
Our product and engineering teams ensure that the OpenBet Sportsbook product continuously evolves for our global clients, keeping them at the cutting edge of the market.
As a Senior React Engineer with the OpenBet product engineering team, you’ll contribute to our full sportsbook platform. You will utilise a variety of software and database technologies, and gain and share valuable skillsets associated with highly available, high transaction systems. At OpenBet you will receive the support and training needed to succeed and progress your career at pace, with a strong promote from within culture for those that are proactive and self-motivated.
- Ensuring code quality is maintained for products and services delivered by the team the Software Engineer is working with.
- Mentorship of less experienced Software Engineers.
- Work as part of a self-organizing SCRUM team to develop new features and functionality for high-volume, large-scale betting websites.
- Design solutions that are modular, scalable, extendable and portable.
- Work with Product Owners and designers to create great a UX to the platform end-users.
- Proactively identify and address areas of material improvement, notably around UI performance and code complexity.
- Active understanding of solutions architecture and design, including KPI definition.
- Ensure that all team members have a clear understanding of the overall front-end architecture and design components, in the context of meeting product requirements.
If you are the right candidate for us you will be able to demonstrate:
- At minimum of 4 years of hands-on experience developing commercial, large-scale web application
- Extensive and demonstrable experience understanding of:
- Web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and JSS
- Asynchronous request handling, partial page updates using internet data protocols and services (RESTful/JSON, SOAP, WS-*, HTTP)
- Extensive understanding of general UX principles for web applications, including responsive and adaptive design principles
- A good understanding of SEO principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentations to peer groups
- Excellent teamwork skills, capable of supervising a small sub-team or deputizing in a management role.
It would also be great to see these skills/experiences as well:
- Some knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate etc.)
- General understanding of the use of Docker, Ansible, Jenkins and Git (Stash)
- Experience with LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) website design
- Familiarity with Drupal 8 or any other common internet PHP based CMS
- Some experience with TDD and / or BDD
- Willingness to learn new back end technologies (eg Java) to become truly cross functional.
What can OpenBet give you:
- Competitive benefits, an open and supportive environment as well as a modern and exciting workplace
- The opportunity to interact with global teams, and where appropriate switch teams and projects as you and our business continue to develop and grow
- Tangible and genuine career development - at OpenBet, where you can take your career where you want it to go!
- Exposure to real-world and business-critical projects & the chance to develop some of the world’s leading e-commerce sportsbooks whilst working with various clients and seeing lots of code!
- Flexible working, this role is open to remote workers based out of Athens and having full working rights to work anywhere else within Greece.