Senior Java Engineer
SG Digital (part of Scientific Games Corp. NASDAQ:SGMS) leads the global gaming market, providing innovative software that powers the world’s most successful operators and online gaming providers. We pride ourselves on product innovation and technical excellence and are constantly adding new applications and new functionality to our product suite, used by billions of end users. Having recently become the Digital, online Division of the $4bn Scientific Games, we are now in a period of dramatic growth that will see us grow headcount by 30% this year alone.
Want to be part of our story?
We are a group of distributed multidisciplinary engineers, passionate about sports and the sports betting industry, focused on a few highly scalable distributed platforms on a hybrid technology stack running in public and private clouds.
The teams are small and move fast -- all members are expected to be able to achieve maximum results with minimal direction.
The Senior Software Engineer role will be an important one in scaling out the Don Best Sports Development (DBS) team. Reporting to a Development Manager, the Software Engineer will be working alongside other Software Engineers, Project Managers, QA, Software Architects and Operations teams in order to shape and implement the technology and product deliverables that will drive the next generation Managed Trading Service as well as other industry-leading tools used in the rapidly expanding sports betting industry.
Duties will include:
Create innovative solutions to enhance product features, performance and maintainability of various core components within the software stack. Assist in the mentoring of team members on software development practices and architecture and design.
Design, develop and test SG Digital proprietary sports betting pricing, risk management and trading systems using Java, Python and/or C# following standard design patterns, particularly loosely coupled micro-services.
Assisting in the development of system to support a real-time AI-driven sports betting probability/pricing modelling system
Work on designing new product UI/UX interfaces for customer facing and internal user tools to simplify product configuration and management.
Ensure code quality by writing unit and integration tests as well as participate in team code reviews.
Participate as a member of an Agile development team including members from both our Las Vegas and Vancouver offices
Contribute to the resolution of any issues and incidents related to our various sports data feed and sports trading components within the specified Service Level Agreements (SLA) for our various customers.
Ensuring that applications have appropriate hooks into monitoring and alerting tools to assist in DevOps and TechOps monitoring, problem discovery and resolution.
Helping migrate existing applications to use automated build, test and release frameworks (ie. Jenkins)
Collaborate well in a distributed, cross-functional team environment, interacting with QA engineers, project managers, product owners, and other departments
- A bachelor’s degree in a traditional science subject, ideally computer science, engineering, or information systems or demonstrable equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience in a Software Development Engineer role or similar
- Working knowledge of one or more major programming languages (such as Java, C#, Python, PHP etc.) and interest in learning other coding languages;
- Experience with messaging systems such as ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, Kafka would be a huge plus
- Knowledge of build, test and release tools (ie. Maven, Gradle, NuGet, Jenkins, CircleCI, etc)
- Knowledge and understanding of software processes and development cycles
- Experience with databases including one or more of SQL (e.g. MySQL, MS SQL Server), NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB)
- Experience with application monitoring tools such as Prometheus, Grafana would be a plus.
- Strong mathematical skills
- Knowledge of building data serving APIs (XML, JSON), especially experience with frameworks such as Spring Boot, Spring Cloud or similar
- Knowledge of mobile and web-based development is a plus
- Experience or familiarity with the sports betting industry would be highly regarded
- Experience using code versioning, development and deployment tools
- Experience with analysing and solving complex technical issues
- Knowledge of design patterns, data structure and algorithmic solutions
Why would you enjoy working with us at SG Digital?
- Competitive benefits, an open and supportive environment as well as a modern and exciting workplace
- The opportunity to interact with global teams on a regular basis and the possibility to switch teams and projects as you and our business continues to develop and grow
- Tangible and genuine development - at SG Digital, you can take your career where you want it to go!
- Exposure to real work, business-critical projects and the chance to develop some of the world’s leading e-commerce sportsbooks whilst working on exciting client projects and interact with lots of code!
And if that’s not enough; you will get to enjoy a stunning work location and flexible working whilst we provide you with the guidance and development skills you need to progress quickly and enhance your career.