Senior Insight Analyst
SG Digital leads the industry in online gaming, sports, and iLottery solutions. Combining the power of seven world-class game studios, the world’s premiere sportsbook platform and unparalleled technology expertise, SG Digital offers customers a portfolio of proven products. An innovative software offering powering the world’s most successful operators is built on continued innovation and technical excellence, with new applications and functionality frequently developed. A significant market share means millions of end users globally engage our technology every day.
The division employs 1,500 employees across 34 offices, serving over 200 customers with more than 2,000 games and 40 licenses worldwide.
SG Digital’s solutions provide a uniquely powerful data asset, with unrivalled volumes of rich, granular, anonymised data covering every wager, for every player, across every game delivered by the platform. With potential to create significant value, the business is focusing on data, as a key strategic growth driver. To make this a reality, SG Digital are on a journey to attract exceptional data, insight and science talent.
This role sits in a newly formed Data, Insight and Science Team, which is embarking on an ambitious transformation with the objective of building industry-leading capability in harnessing data to improve business decisions and player experiences. From improving game design, to optimising content management decisions and powering player messaging, there is huge demand for data insights and solutions across the business. The successful candidate will be a trail blazer for Player Insight providing actionable recommendations that drive quantifiable growth.
We are looking for a technically competent insight analyst, capable of working independently who thrives on the cut and thrust of being in a fast-paced commercial environment, solving problems on the fly, with passion for delivering results and driving change. Ambition, drive and proactivity are key ingredients that will enable the right candidate to succeed and achieve personal and professional growth.
Joining the team at the beginning of a transformation provides a unique opportunity to make a big impact and help shape the future direction of the team. The variety of challenges the role will face into, including regular access to exec-level stakeholders, offers a fantastic learning curve and career development.
· 3+ years insight experience - data consultancy / agency and client-side both relevant
· Using code-based languages to extract and manipulate large, complex, customer datasets (e.g. SQL)
· Working directly with business stakeholders
· Translating complex data, into simple insights and actionable recommendations
· Presenting insights back to stakeholders and influencing decisions
· Ability to define analytical problems and relevant, robust solutions
· Solid coding skills - SQL, SAS or similar programming language
· Advanced Excel user and PowerBI useful but not essential
· Competent in PowerPoint to communicate potentially complex insights in simple ways
· Clear, impactful, influential presentation skills
· Ability to manage Stakeholders effectively
· Highly numerate
· Proactive, self-starter / motivator
· Takes ownership of deliveries, setting realistic timelines and keeping promises
· A keen networker and relationship builder
· Open communicator - flags issues / concerns, as they arise and keeps stakeholders informed, with good news and bad
· Confident engaging at different levels of management and with people at different levels of technical understanding
· Does the right thing, even if it’s not the easiest, including challenging stakeholders when appropriate
· Creative, capable of thinking around problems and defining innovative solutions
· Combines high-personal standards with pragmatism to get the job done
· Results-driven, focused on making an impact and seeing solutions driving change
· Maths or Computational Science background advantageous
SG Digital is a combination of several, young, former start-up business and entrepreneurialism continues to be at the heart of the business. Employees are given ownership of their own areas of responsibility and encouraged to think big, challenge the norm and drive continuous positive change. The culture is perfect for candidates wanting independence and the ability to make an impact.
The business is based in Chiswick Park, which contains 1.8 million sq ft of award winning floor space across 12 office buildings, hosting 44 companies. There are 16 media and 10 tech companies, including SG Digital, with other guests such as: CBS, Paramount, Sony, PepsiCo and Singapore Airlines sharing the space.
The Park also houses over 45,000 sq ft of retail space, including the on-site Virgin Active gym, restaurants, convenience stores and an ever-changing array of pop-up traders and street-food vendors.