Senior Infrastructure Engineer - Cloud and on Premises
Scientific Games Digital (part of Scientific Games Corp. NASDAQ:SGMS) leads the global gaming market, providing innovative software that powers the world’s most successful operators and online gaming providers.
We pride ourselves on product innovation and technical excellence and are constantly adding new applications and new functionality to our product suite, used by billions of end users. We are now in a period of dramatic growth and are looking for candidates who want to be part of this exciting journey.
Want to be part of our story?
We are a group of distributed multidisciplinary engineers, passionate about infrastructure and casino gaming, focused on a few highly scalable distributed platforms on a hybrid technology stack running in public and private clouds.
The teams are small and move fast - all members are expected to be able to achieve maximum results with minimal direction.
Do you like working in smaller teams taking responsibility of your own areas of expertise?
Do you want to be part of a company with an explosive business growth?
Do you want to work at a place where your efforts make a difference?
Yes? Then, why don’t you come join us?
The Infrastructure team within Scientific Games Digital builds and maintains our gaming infrastructure that serves customers across the globe. We are truly a global team with people in the US, Canada, Malta, Gibraltar, UK, Sweden, Greece and India. As a team, we are focused on problem-solving and providing high-quality services around the globe for our customers.
Working together with the teams around the world makes it feel a lot smaller. We are truly multination and multicultural.
We all take pride in what we do and together we make sure to deliver our critical 24/7 services.
This is what the team thinks about themselves
"Everyone’s opinion is valued and considered important. We all take part and contribute to decisions regarding solutions or incidents in our production environments. We happily share our knowledge so that we all improve as a team and get better at what we do. We trust in each other as a team and we try to remember to have fun along the way."
As an Infrastructure Engineer at Scientific Games Digital you will be part of the global Infrastructure team. We move fast when it comes to technology and how our products evolve so training is important and a natural part of our work. Your ability to adapt and spot non-functional processes and procedures is key to remove any obstacles and ensure lean operations. At SG Digital we align the company and our product offering using SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework). Within Technical Operations we have a SOC (Service Operation Center) team working as first line support, with the Infrastructure team playing a supporting role.
A new spot has opened up in our Malta office
- Deployment, automation, management, and maintenance of AWS cloud-based and on-premise production systems
- Ensuring availability, performance, security, and scalability of production systems
- System troubleshooting and problem resolution across various domains and platforms
- Deployment of systems for metrics, logging, and monitoring
- Regimental approach to the regular maintenance of documentation
- Adhering to operational processes (ITIL) to protect the integrity and availability all production platforms across the SGD estate
- Providing second and third-line support across the SGD technology stack
- Participate in out of office on-call rotation
Required skills and experience
- Managing, deploying and supporting mission critical Linux based systems running on VMware
- Knowledge and experience of industry leading public IaaS solutions (AWS)
- Working with server hardware from vendors such as HP, Lenovo and Dell
- VMware virtualization software
- Opensource solutions for configuration management (such as Ansible), containerization solutions (such as Docker) and cloud management (such as Terraform)
- Monitoring infrastructure using tools such as Zabbix, Nagios, Grafana
- Fluent in written as well as spoken English
Additional skills which would be considered a plus:
- Managing global infrastructure supporting mission critical high-availability systems and services
- Experience with DevOps practices and tools (such as Git, Jenkins, Maven)
- Previous exposure to day-to-day storage related tasks. (Netapp)
- Understanding of Networking concepts (TCP/IP, Switches, Firewalls and Load Balancers)
- Experience in managing MS Windows based systems
- Previous working experience from the regulated gaming or banking industry
We bring you a little bit of
A performance focused culture right across the business. But that's just the foundation! We also believe in a work hard, play hard environment, where we embrace people who are tuned in to the sound of creativity and innovation. As a truly international company, we can offer you the diversity and the opportunities of the world. Mix this with a people-friendly culture and we got a pretty good offer to give.
So don't just come and work for us, spend your time with us!
We encourage and eagerly welcome all applications however we can only consider candidates who have the legal right to work in Malta and within the regulated gaming industry.
We encourage and eagerly welcome all applications, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.