Senior Front-End Software Engineer (React)
Scientific Games Digital leads the global gaming market, providing innovative software that powers the world’s most successful operators.
We pride ourselves on product innovation and technical excellence and are constantly adding new applications and new functionality to our product suite, used by billions of end users.
Want to be part of our story?
The Senior Software Engineer will be working in a team that will shape and implement the technology and product deliverables that will drive forward the company front end services.
These are just some of the tasks you may work on:
- Work as part of a self-organising scrum team to develop new features and functionality for high volume, large scale gaming websites;
- Proactively identify areas of improvement and optimise code, for performance in different browsers, user experience, speed;
- Act as a mentor for less experienced Software Engineers;
- Work with Product Owners and designers to create a great user experience to the platform end-users;
- Build reusable codes and libraries;
What would make you the Senior Engineer we are looking for:
- University (4 or 5 year) degree in computer science, computer engineering or information systems;
- At least 5-6 years experience as a developer of which 2 years or more hands-on experience in React;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Team spirit;
- Excellent problem solving skills and an analytical mindset;
- Very good knowledge of web security practices and high-performance design;
- Excellent knowledge of general UX principles for web applications, including responsive and adaptive design principles;
It would be a plus to have experience in any of the following:
- GIT, Docker, CI/CD, Linux, Apache
Additional nice to have familiarity with any of these technologies:
- Drupal or any other common internet PHP based CMS, Java, Python, Ansible
Domain knowledge is not required.
Why would you enjoy working with us at SG Digital?
- Competitive benefits, an open and supportive environment as well as a modern and exciting workplace;
- The opportunity to interact with global teams on a regular basis and the possibility to switch teams and projects as you and our business continues to develop and grow;
- Tangible and genuine development - at SG Digital, you can take your career where you want it to go!
- Exposure to real work, business-critical projects, and the chance to develop some of the world’s leading e-commerce sportsbooks whilst working on exciting client projects and interact with lots of code!
And if that’s not enough; you will get to enjoy flexible working whilst we provide you with the guidance and development skills you need to progress quickly and enhance your career.