(Senior) Front-End Engineer
SG Digital is a world leader in gaming entertainment offering the industry's broadest and most integrated portfolio of game content, advanced systems, cutting-edge platforms and professional services. The company is #1 in technology-based gaming systems, digital real-money gaming and sports betting platforms, casino table games and utility products and lottery instant games, and a leading provider of games, systems and services for casino, lottery and social gaming. Committed to responsible gaming, Scientific Games delivers what customers and players value most: trusted security, engaging entertainment content, operating efficiencies and innovative technology
At SG Digital we have 1,650+ employees and over 200 customers. We currently provide our technology to customers across the globe. Our head office is in Las Vegas with principal offices in London, Stockholm, Athens, Sydney, Montreal, and Chicago, as well as 27 other offices worldwide.
Want to be part of our story?
These are just some of the tasks you may work on:
- Development of new features and functionality for SGD products and services;
- Active participant in reviews for products and services delivered across the wider SGD team;
- Ensuring code quality is maintained for products and services delivered by the team the Engineer is working with;
- Active contribution to overall UI strategy for products and deliverables, including input into decisions about UI test frameworks;
- Provision of structured feedback to "back-end" platform developers, to ensure APIs and SDKs are fit for purpose;
- Ability to input into high-level estimates of software deliverables for planning purposes
- Supporting the Development Manager, Senior Software Engineer and Delivery teams to ensure continuous quality improvement in the development teams.
What would make you the Front-End Engineer we are looking for:
- A Bachelor's degree in a traditional science subject, ideally computer science, engineering or information systems from a well-regarded university;
- A minimum of 2 years of hands-on experience developing commercial web applications, using at least one popular web framework;
- A strong understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX;
- Good understanding of general UX principles for web applications, including responsive and adaptive design principles;
- General understanding of the use of Vagrant, Ansible, Jenkins and Git (BitBucket).
It would also be great to see these skills/experiences as well:
- Some knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies;
- Familiarity with Python & Django;
- Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop;
- Some experience with Node.js;
- Some experience with TDD and / or BDD.
Why would you enjoy working with us at SG Digital?
- Competitive benefits, an open and supportive environment as well as a modern and exciting workplace
- The opportunity to interact with global teams on a regular basis and the possibility to switch teams and projects as you and our business continues to develop and grow
- Tangible and genuine development - at SG Digital, you can take your career where you want it to go!
- Exposure to real work, business-critical projects, and the chance to develop some of the world’s leading e-commerce products whilst working on exciting client projects and interact with lots of code!
And if that’s not enough; you will get to enjoy flexible working whilst we provide you with the guidance and development skills you need to progress quickly and enhance your career.