Senior DevOps Engineer
Sportcast is in a growth phase, focused on delivering the next generation of pricing software and customer experiences to the sports betting industry.
Everyone in the SportCast team is proud of building a business that has become an industry leader in redefining sports betting experiences.
In June 2020 we reached a stage in our evolution, where finding the right partner to help the business scale and conquer new regions was the natural next step and this was achieved when we joined the OpenBet (Scientific Games) family. Using OpenBet's supreme technologies, reputation and personal development channels we aim to deliver solutions to the biggest client's in the world. Any new employee is welcomed into a business that is uniquely positioned to take advantage of one of the most exciting growth spaces in the world.
SportCast x OpenBet is a team that you want to be part of! Come join us.
The successful candidate is expected to be a strong technologist, with both software engineering and technical operations backgrounds. Management of a small team and working day to day alongside the customer to plan and manage environments, releases and upgrades is also a key part of the role.
Management: coordinating between product design and development stakeholders
Design and Development: The design and hands-on development of the organisation's infrastructure is one of the key responsibilities. Implementation of Deploy automation risk management metrics solutions and well being of the infrastructure of the organisation.
Collaboration with Support: Extensive collaboration with the product support group, ranging from technical analyses to deployment and monitoring with the focus to enhance overall system reliability and scalability.
Knowledge: Staying on top of industry trends and best practices whilst recognising opportunities for automation, design development, and other solutions in a comprehensive manner to boost operational efficiency in product delivery and support.
Versatile Duties: Be adaptive to take on a variety of work.
?Azure Administrative Responsibilities
Optimizing, implementing and managing budget and spend.
Managing application configuration, secrets, Application Services and all Azure assets.
App Service Plans
Front Door Global Load Balancers
Service Fabric Clusters & Networks
Point to Site Gateways
Virtual Machine Scalesets
Network Security Group
Azure Active Directory
Web Application Firewalls
- Work focused primarily on delivering technical solutions for improving the overall quality of product build, deployments to test and production, monitoring and alerting, with emphasis on NFRs (resilience, stability, scalability, security etc.)
- Work with the customer, other third parties and internally to plan and execute infrastructure needs, changes and upgrades.
- Participate in defining and prioritising a backlog of work for a small sub-team.
- Work with customer release managers to help ensure that test environments are effectively managed.
- Act as a gatekeeper for production releases, ensuring changes and risks are effectively communicated
- Help implement a CI / CD strategy to incorporate the entire product development lifecycle as well as the continual evolution of cross-functional collaboration, associated best practices, and standards
- Work with internal teams on ongoing R&D effort into tools, processes, and people to further enhance DevOps capabilities
- Help manage the consistent application of DevOps methodologies amongst the team
- Help ensure security considerations are robustly incorporated in infrastructure decisions
- Help with ongoing work to automate build and release processes
- Work with the customer and internal teams to ensure the right level of visibility on environment health by exposing the required metrics
Azure 3+ years
C# 3+ years
Computer Science Degree or equivalent experience.
Why would you enjoy working with us at SG Digital and SportCast?
Competitive benefits, an open and supportive environment as well as a modern and exciting workplace
The opportunity to interact with global teams on a regular basis and the possibility to switch teams and projects as you and our business continues to develop and grow
Tangible and genuine development - at SG Digital, you can take your career where you want it to go!
Exposure to real work, business-critical projects and the chance to develop some of the world’s leading e-commerce sportsbooks whilst working on exciting client projects and interact with lots of code!
And if that’s not enough; you will get to enjoy a stunning work location and flexible working whilst we provide you with the guidance and development skills you need to progress quickly and enhance your career.