Senior DevOps Engineer
The SG Digital Group (a division of Scientific Games) leads the global gaming market, providing innovative software that powers the world’s most successful operators.
We pride ourselves on product innovation and technical excellence and are constantly adding new applications and new functionality to our product suite, used by billions of end users. And, while many other companies have been downsizing, we continue to see growth across our business.
Want to be part of our story?
We are currently looking for a DevOps Team Lead to join our customer delivery team in Montreal. The team is dedicated to delivering SG Digital software to our Canadian customers. This role is for somebody to work alongside the development teams, our customers and other third parties to improve and manage the release, deployment and infrastructure side of the platform. The successful candidate is expected to be a strong technologist, with both software engineering and technical operations backgrounds.
- Work focused primarily on delivering technical solutions for improving the overall quality of product build, deployments to test and production, monitoring and alerting, with emphasis on NFRs (resilience, stability, scalability, security etc.)
- Work with the customer, other third parties and internally to plan and execute infrastructure needs, changes and upgrades.
- Participate in defining and prioritising a backlog of work for a small sub team.
- Work with customer release managers to help ensure that test environments are effectively managed.
- Act as a gatekeeper for production releases, ensuring changes and risks are effectively communicated
- Help implement a CI / CD strategy to incorporate the entire product development lifecycle as well as the continual evolution of cross-functional collaboration, associated best practices, and standards
- Work with internal teams on ongoing R&D effort into tools, processes, and people to further enhance DevOps capabilities
- Help manage consistent application of DevOps methodologies amongst the team
- Help ensure security considerations are robustly incorporated in infrastructure decisions
- Help with ongoing work to automate build and release processes
- Work with the customer and internal teams to ensure the right level of visibility on environment health by exposing the required metrics
Hands-on experience in all facets of automation and systems architecture on Linux (RHEL 7)
Commercial hands-on software development or systems architecture, implementation and ongoing automation experience in a previous role
Matured views on continuous delivery, automation, testing and the development processes in general.
Experience with deployment tooling at scale, preferably Ansible
Experience with Python, Bash or more general purpose programming language (e.g. Ruby, Groovy)
Experience with AWS (Terraform)
Experience deploying and running metrics collection platforms such as Prometheus
Understanding of open source solutions that enable the implementation of highly distributed, scalable, durable, and performant platforms such as Kafka and Cassandra
Knowledge of both relational databases and various NoSQL based data storage solutions (Informix, postgres and MySQL a plus)
Well versed and experienced with open source tools commonly used to build continuous integration / delivery solutions, such as Git, Maven, Selenium, Gradle, Ansible, YUM, Jenkins and Docker
Why would you enjoy working with us at SG Digital?
Competitive benefits, an open and supportive environment as well as a modern and exciting workplace
The opportunity to interact with global teams on a regular basis and the possibility to switch teams and projects as you and our business continues to develop and grow
Tangible and genuine development - at SG Digital, you can take your career where you want it to go!
Exposure to real work, business-critical projects and the chance to develop some of the world’s leading e-commerce sportsbooks whilst working on exciting client projects and interact with lots of code!
And if that’s not enough; you will get to enjoy a stunning work location and flexible working whilst we provide you with the guidance and development skills you need to progress quickly and enhance your career.