Senior Developer - Studios
SG Digital are searching for experienced, smart and creative individuals to work in a primarily technical role. Individuals are most likely to be an engineer with at least 5 years of professional experience in the domain of web system design and development. They will be expected to take on a senior role within the team, displaying the ability to lead technical discussions and deliver technical advice in a confident manner.
The ideal candidate will be expected to contribute a key supporting role in areas such as requirements capture and test whilst fulfilling their core responsibilities in the development of software systems. They are expected to be able to apply considerable professional experience of software development concepts and processes to ensure best practice within the team. The candidate should have a track record of making crucial contributions to the development of software for a variety of purposes including live production systems and automation of engineering processes such as test and release.
- Design, develop and test SG Digital proprietary game servers using JAVA following standard design patterns
- Perform security and volume tests to validate game server integrity and compliance to mathematical specifications
- Ensure code quality by writing unit and integration tests
- Write and implement tools to support game design and development
- Write technical documentation
- Follow SG Digital technology standards and process for our game servers
- Work with project managers and team leads to ensure that all tasks are estimated accurately and completed correctly and on schedule
- Support and resolve any issues and incidents related to our game servers within the specified SLA
- Contribute ideas to improve the overall game design and development process in terms of tools, processes, test cases etc
- Collaborates well in a distributed, cross-functional team environment, interacting with QA engineers, project managers, product owners, and other departments
Essential Skills & Experience:
- A degree in Computer Science or similar
- 5+ plus years of experience in a Software Development Engineer role or similar
- Excellent knowledge of the Java programming language, with at least 5 years of commercial experience
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of software processes and development cycles
- Strong mathematical skills
- Knowledge of mobile and web-based development is a plus
- Experience in the game industry would be highly regarded
- Experience using code versioning, development and deployment tools
- Experience with analysing and solving complex technical issues
- Knowledge of design patterns, data structure and algorithmic solutions
We bring you a little bit of
A performance focused culture right across the business. But that's just the foundation! We also believe in a work hard, play hard environment, where we embrace people who are tuned in to the sound of creativity and innovation. As a truly international company, we can offer you the diversity and the opportunities of the world. Mix this with a people-friendly culture and we got a pretty good offer to give.
So don't just come and work for us, spend your time with us!