The SG Digital Group (a division of Scientific Games) leads the global gaming market, providing innovative software that powers the world’s most successful operators.
We pride ourselves on product innovation and technical excellence and are constantly adding new applications and new functionality to our product suite, used by billions of end users. And, while many other companies have been downsizing, we continue to see growth across our business.
Want to be part of our story?
We are currently looking for a Release Engineer to join our customer delivery team. The team is dedicated to delivering SG Digital software to the Entain. This role is for somebody to work with the team, Entain, and other third parties to improve and manage the release, deployment, and infrastructure side of the platform. The successful candidate is expected to be a passionate engineer, ideally with a software engineering and technical operations background. Managing environments and releases is a key part of the role.
These are just some of the tasks you may work on:
- Work focused on delivering technical solutions for improving the overall quality of product build, deployments to test and production, monitoring and alerting, with emphasis on automation.
- Work with the customer and internally to plan and execute environment needs, tooling changes and upgrades.
- Participate in defining and prioritizing a backlog of work for a small sub-team.
- Work with internal and customer release managers to help ensure that test environments are effectively managed.
- Act as a gatekeeper for production releases, ensuring changes and risks are effectively communicated
- Help maintain and improve our CI / CD strategy to incorporate the entire development lifecycle as well as the continual evolution of cross-functional collaboration, associated best practices, and standards
- Work with internal teams on ongoing R&D effort into tools, processes, and people to further enhance DevOps capabilities
- Help ensure security considerations are robustly incorporated in infrastructure decisions
- Help with ongoing work to automate build and release processes
- Troubleshoot releases and triaging defects finding solutions for minimum impact on deliverables.
If you are the right candidate for us you will be able to demonstrate:
- Hands-on experience in all facets of automation and systems architecture on Linux (ideally RHEL 7)
- Automation experience in a previous role
- Good understanding and an eye on continuous delivery, automation, testing and the development processes in general.
- Experience with deployment tooling at scale, preferably Ansible
- Experience with Python, Bash or more general purpose programming language.
- Experience deploying and running metrics collection platforms such as Prometheus will be a plus.
- Understanding of open source solutions that enable the implementation of highly distributed, scalable, durable, and performant platforms such as Kafka.
- Knowledge of both relational databases and various NoSQL based data storage solutions (Informix, postgres and MySQL a plus)
- Well versed and experienced with open source tools commonly used to build continuous integration / delivery solutions, such as Git, Maven, Selenium, Gradle, Ansible, YUM, Jenkins and Docker
What can SG Digital give you
- Competitive benefits, an open and supportive environment as well as a modern and exciting workplace
- The opportunity to interact with global teams, and where appropriate switch teams and projects as you and our business continue to develop and grow
- Tangible and genuine career development - at SG Digital, where you can take your career where you want it to go!
- Exposure to real-world and business-critical projects & the chance to develop some of the world’s leading e-commerce sportsbooks whilst working with various clients and seeing lots of code!
And if that’s not enough, you will get to enjoy flexible working, whilst we provide you with the guidance and development skills you need to progress quickly and enhance your career.