SG Digital leads the global gaming market, providing innovative software that powers the world’s most successful operators.
We pride ourselves on product innovation and technical excellence and are constantly adding new applications and new functionality to our product suite, used by billions of end users. And, while many other companies have been downsizing, we continue to see growth across our business.
Want to be part of our story?
We are looking for a talented QA Lead to work on the Technology work stream as part of the Sportsbook product development organization. This role will be responsible for leading multiple small QA squads comprising Mobile apps testing and Promote testing.
The QA Lead role will be central to the Product Delivery team. The QA Lead will be working alongside Development Managers, Program and Project Managers, Software Architects and Senior Software Engineers in order to shape and implement the technology and product deliverables that will drive forward this strategic initiative.
- Working with the other test leads, architects and under the direction set by Development Manager, Head of QA, Project Manager and/or Release Manager;
- Defining levels of test coverage for specific deliverables, in line with product requirements and associated SLAs;
- Managing quality metrics across specific projects;
- Adherence to QA / QE best practice for specific projects;
- Ensuring structured feedback is provided to the development teams and to ensure the work is carried out in accordance with the agreed project schedule and quality requirements;
- Line management of 6 - 8 QA resources including pastoral care, formal reviews, and both identification and provisioning of training needs;
- Management of resources to ensure the appropriate team shape, levels of experience/capability and fulfilment of roles - including the recruitment of QA employees;
- Manage the implementation of QA testing strategies;
- Implementation of strategy for software engineering processes, ensuring stakeholders, onsite coordinators are on board and measuring progress through KPIs.
- Ensure consistent delivery of top quality software artifacts to our customers.
- Facilitate the Delivery methodology e.g. sprint planning, retrospectives etc.
- Provision of accurate documentation for use by the customers, delivery teams and internal support;
- Production of functional and integration test cases and associated documentation as required;
Production of proofs of concept and pilots for test tools and process workflows (ex- using JIRA filters, dashboards etc.)
If you are the right QA Lead for us, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or a related Technical discipline.
- Ideally 8+ years’ experience in a hands-on QA and development role, plus a minimum of 2 years experience leading teams of highly competent QA staff.
- Highly experienced in mobile, web, and desktop application testing.
- Demonstrable experience in defining and implementing comprehensive test regression, functional & non-functional strategies for complex IT projects working in Agile environments, for full lifecycle through to production deployment
- Automation experience is required. Candidates with mobile or web automation will be preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years manual testing experience with BDD, and /or with hands-on experience of Gherkin and Cucumber
- Experience of usage of Test management tools like JIRA, Zephyr, Test Rail
- Log good defects and understand JIRA defect workflow.
- Clearly understand defect categorization and would have participated in 'defect triaging' process
- Experience in contributing to Test Strategy, planning or responsibility for team strategy;
- Proven communication and presentation skills;
- Dealing with changes; must be comfortable both with external factors driving this change as well as internals;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Should be opinionated, especially about quality.
It would also be great to see these skills/experiences as well:
- A working understanding of Test tools usage, CI-CD familiarity like Jenkins and Git (BitBucket) would be useful
- API testing experience
- Some hands-on engineering experience would be highly advantageous
- Demonstrable ability to run existing automated test cases to a high level (e.g. using Gherkin / Cucumber, Selenium WebDriver or Postman etc.)
- Qualified to ISEB/ISTQB Foundation level
- Domain knowledge is not required, but having worked on a Sportsbook, Casino or e-Commerce projects would be preferable.
Demonstrable experience building strong client/on-site stakeholder relationships.
? Motivated, confident, self-sufficient, focused and determined
? Well organized and consistently meets commitments.
? Requires a "can do" commitment to achieve the success.
? Detail oriented and Strong communication skills.
- Comfortable operating in cross functional teams.