QA Automation Engineer
OpenBet is sport. The world's top sports betting brands choose OpenBet as their partner for world class content, leading tech and tailored services. We have their back. So they’re ready with exciting, memorable and safe sports betting experiences, to entertain millions of players worldwide.
OpenBet’s mission is to power growth and player engagement for operators through a global betting ecosystem that delivers at scale, at speed, at every great sports event. Our 1000 talented colleagues are the market's top team. We achieve billions of bets in a season; 60,000+ per second (more transactions than Amazon on Prime Day); 100% uptime (zero Superbowl crashes!) and we're built on 25 years of imaginative technology that is iterated daily.
OpenBet has established a premium client base of more than 75 operators worldwide and has 34 licences across the fastest growing regulated sports betting markets in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. The team is growing at scale driven by accelerated demand for our products and significant investment. We offer the speed, dynamism and growth opportunities of a start-up, underpinned by the stability and strength of a global employer.
Working at OpenBet every day is an opportunity for you to create exciting betting entertainment for millions of sports fans across the globe.
Want to be part of our evolving future growth?
The QA Automation Engineer role will involve working alongside Developers, Software Architects, other QA team members, and Software Engineers under the supervision of the QA Lead in order to shape and implement the technology and product deliverables that will drive forward our strategic initiatives.
- Ensure high quality and compliance to requirements throughout the software delivery cycle.
- Prepare, maintain & execute Test Plans in accordance with the Business Requirements & Quality Process, in conjunction with the product owner/development team.
- Work with developers, business analysts/product owners and stakeholders to identify automation candidates to achieve the desired component and end-to-end workflow.
- Create automated test scripts and cases from scratch, executing for functional, integration and system tests.
- Contributing to automated frameworks for both online and API solutions enhancing & maintaining existing solutions.
- Raise and monitor project and system related defects and ensure they are re-tested in a timely manner.
- Actively participate in all relevant Agile meetings, provide feedback to the development team and ensure the work is carried out in accordance to schedule and quality requirements.
- Provide estimates and feedback to the Tech Lead/QA Lead for project scheduling purposes.
- Provide test reports on a regular agreed basis which detail testing progress, issues and risks.
- Work with the QA team lead to provide continuous enhancements to our processes and products.
- Work in Agile alongside developers and also being involved in requirements validation and refining before development.
If you are the right QA Automation Engineer for us you will be able to demonstrate:
- A Technical background - BSc or equivalent in IT/Engineering/Scientific or related discipline and professional experience of minimum two years in IT.
- Experience in SW development life cycle, software testing methodologies, QA processes and software release cycle for both manual & test automation testing.
- Experience with various development methodologies; Agile, TDD or Waterfall.
- Experience working within an agile development environment and with enterprise and/or open source automation tools.
- Demonstrable ability to define and construct automated test cases to a high level (e.g. using Gherkin / Cucumber, Selenium, QTP or Postman etc.).
- Practical experience in test automation frameworks such as TestNG, MochaJS, Cucumber etc.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and debugging skills with strong attention to detail.
- Experience using Test Case Management Tools such as Testrail, HP ALM, Zephyr etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- A commitment to quality and a thorough approach to work.
It would also be great to see these skills/experiences as well:
- A working understanding of Docker, Ansible, Maven, Jenkins, and Git (BitBucket).
- Familiarization with UNIX environments and RDBMS/ SQL scripting.
- Experience in Defect Management Process and relevant Tool such as Atlassian Jira, Rational ClearQuest etc.
- Familiarization with Gherkin expression language.
- Experience with testing online gaming applications.
- Understanding of Behaviour/Test Driven Development.
- Experience working with version control systems.
- Qualified to ISEB/ISTQB Foundation level.
What can OpenBet give you:
- Competitive benefits, an open and supportive environment as well as a modern and exciting workplace
- The opportunity to interact with global teams, and where appropriate switch teams and projects as you and our business continue to develop and grow
- Tangible and genuine career development - at OpenBet, where you can take your career where you want it to go!
- Exposure to real-world and business-critical projects & the chance to develop some of the world’s leading e-commerce sportsbooks whilst working with various clients and seeing lots of code!
- Flexible working, this role is open to remote workers based out of Athens and having full working rights to work anywhere else within Greece.