QA Automation Engineer
SG Digital is a world leader in gaming entertainment offering the industry's broadest and most integrated portfolio of game content, advanced systems, cutting-edge platforms and professional services. The company is #1 in technology-based gaming systems, digital real-money gaming and sports betting platforms, casino table games and utility products and lottery instant games, and a leading provider of games, systems and services for casino, lottery and social gaming. Committed to responsible gaming, Scientific Games delivers what customers and players value most: trusted security, engaging entertainment content, operating efficiencies and innovative technology
At SG Digital we have 1,650+ employees and over 200 customers. We currently provide our technology to customers across the globe. Our head office is in Las Vegas with principal offices in London, Stockholm, Athens, Sydney, Montreal, and Chicago, as well as 27 other offices worldwide.
Want to be part of our story?
We are looking for an exceptional QA Automation Engineer, with strong skills in Agile Development and Testing, to join one of our product teams in a rapid development environment creating bespoke and customised automated testing solutions across highly complex, high transactional Sportsbook systems.
As a QA Automation Engineer with us, you’ll have exposure to these systems and more, as you take our products and your career to the next level.
- Creation of accurate and high-level test cases, automation scripts, and plans in agreement with Product and BA teams that will be maintained throughout the project lifecycle and will be provided to customer teams for ongoing deployments.
- Reporting on levels of test coverage and quality metrics across associated projects.
- Provision of accurate documentation for use by the customers, product teams, and internal support.
- Provide test reports on a regular agreed basis which detail testing progress, issues, and risks.
- Working closely with the Test Lead/s to act as a feature/system owner for automation development tasks.
- Maintains a "big and complete" picture view of specific products, including dependencies, organisational goals, technology arena, etc.
- Engagement on the production of SLAs for project deliverables.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience of using test tools both enterprise and open source.
- A Technical background - BSc or equivalent in IT/Engineering/Scientific or related discipline and professional experience of minimum of two years in IT.
- Demonstrable ability to define and construct automated test cases to a high level (e.g. using Gherkin / Cucumber, Selenium, QTP or Postman etc.).
- Good interpersonal skills to communicate at all levels.
- Thorough knowledge of structured test methods and procedures.
- Proven experience of testing complex user interfaces.
- Proven communication and presentation skills.
- A commitment to quality and a thorough approach to work.
- Experience with various development methodologies; Agile, TDD or Waterfall.
- Should be opinionated, especially about quality.
It would also be great to see these skills/experiences as well:
- Experience of working on highly complex, distributed system.
- Some experience developing test cases for software developed using Akka, Kafka, Scala and Cassandra.
- A working understanding of Docker, Ansible, Maven, Jenkins, and Git (BitBucket).
- Understanding of Behaviour/Test Driven Development.
- Experience working with version control systems.
- Qualified to ISEB/ISTQB Foundation level.
Why would you enjoy working with us at SG Digital?:
- Competitive benefits, an open and supportive environment as well as a modern and exciting workplace.
- The opportunity to interact with global teams on a regular basis and the possibility to switch teams and projects as you and our business continues to develop and grow.
- Training support and the opportunity for further career development in cut edge technologies & practices.
- Tangible and genuine development - at OpenBet/SG Digital, you can take your career where you want it to go!
- Exposure to real work, business-critical projects and the chance to develop some of the world’s leading e-commerce sportsbooks whilst working on exciting client projects.