Product Solution Manager
SG Digital leads the online gaming and sports betting industry with cutting-edge software and technologies that put the player first. Our solutions are used by some of the world's most successful operators, including William Hill, Ladbrokes, Paddy Power, Betfair and SkyBet.
With offices in the UK, North America, Australia, Greece, and Stockholm, over 20 customers in the online gaming industry and over 100 partners worldwide, SG Digital provides the most open gaming platform and a product suite that ensures the very best and most flexible solution available. We are passionate about the work we do and have built a reputation on the high quality of our software, our delivery and client satisfaction.
The Product Solution Manager role will be a key one in one of the customer teams. A Product Solution Manager will be working alongside Development Leads, Development Managers, Programme and Project Managers, Software Architects and Senior Software Engineers in order to shape and implement the technology and people vision of the team that will drive forward SGD's customer focussed deliveries.
A "can do" attitude and out-of-the-box thinking will be prerequisites!
- Quality of the implementation and deployment of development work.
- Security, capacity and performance of delivered applications and services.
- Planning, implementation and evolution of technical processes and feedback to the wider company.
- Adherence to development best practice, notably around CI / CD and Quality Engineering standards.
- Line management of a small to medium development team composed of 1-2 streams including Software Engineers, Senior Software Engineers and Quality Assurance.
- Supporting the recruitment of technical staff onto teams.
- Key stakeholder liaison and alignment with senior people in the SGD organisation, from Product teams to Operations and Architecture.
- Take a lead in shaping software engineering practices and processes on the projects, working in various flavours of Agile.
- Motivating and driving the team with technical leadership and vision.
- Ensuring every deliverable has agreed SLAs, which are both demonstrable and monitored against defined KPIs.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Ideally 6+ years commercial hands-on software development experience in a previous role plus a minimum of 2 years’ experience managing teams of highly technical staff;
- Exceptional managerial and leadership skills, able to motivate and lead personal development plans for employees as well as driving change and handling difficult and complex project development activities both internally and externally;
- Proven communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Should be opinionated, especially about quality.
Technical skills of relevance:
- Strong knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies, particularly MySQL and PostgreSQL;
- Demonstrable experience with TDD and / or BDD;
- Extensive experience is the use of Docker, Ansible, Maven, Jenkins, Sonar and Git (BitBucket);
- Some experience of Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns would be helpful.
- Hands-on experience in developing microservices or working in an SoA or DDD architecture would be an asset,
What can SG Digital give you
- Competitive benefits, an open and supportive environment as well as a modern and exciting workplace
- The opportunity to interact with global teams, and where appropriate switch teams and projects as you and our business continue to develop and grow
- Tangible and genuine career development - at SG Digital, where you can take your career where you want it to go!
- Exposure to real world and business critical projects & the chance to develop some of the world’s leading e-commerce sportsbooks whilst working with various clients and seeing lots of code!
- Flexible benefits portal which means you can tailor a package which suits individual needs. These include private medical, enhanced life assurance, dental to name a few.
And if that’s not enough, you will get to enjoy flexible working, whilst we provide you with the guidance and development skills you need to progress quickly and enhance your career.