SG Digital (part of Scientific Games Corp. NASDAQ:SGMS) leads the global gaming market, providing innovative software that powers the world’s most successful operators and online gaming providers.
We pride ourselves on product innovation and technical excellence and are constantly adding new applications and new functionality to our product suite, used by billions of end users. Having recently become the Digital, online Division of the $4bn Scientific Games, we are now in a period of dramatic growth that will see us grow headcount by 30% this year alone.
Want to be part of our story?
We are a group of distributed multidisciplinary engineers, passionate about casino gaming, focused on a few highly scalable distributed platforms on a hybrid technology stack running in public and private clouds.
The teams are small and move fast -- all members are expected to be able to achieve maximum results with minimal direction.
We are looking for an experienced Product Owner to join our team in Athens. The role would ideally suit someone who cares passionately about mobile apps and games with a strong knowledge of Sports and/or Sports Betting. They will be responsible for sharing the sprint vision with Agile teams and ensuring that sprint goals are met.
You should be aware of Sports betting and Online Casino industry trends, what competitors are doing, know the needs of key stakeholders as to convey the vision and product features in work that can be undertaken by the Engineering team.
As part of the Product Management team, you will be responsible for introducing or/ and transforming epics/ themes to stories that can fit in team sprints and deliver value to the final product.
- Take care of the continuous development and delivery of iOS and Android Mobile apps by managing one or more Scrum teams.
- Keep abreast of Apple guidelines, proactively monitoring the product to ensure Mobile app approvals become a painless process
- Can stand out in Customer related events and present the product features or assist customer on fleshing out needs and adaptations needed
- Define user stories and prioritize the team backlog on sprint level ensuring that this is properly planned and all stories are fully elaborated with the help of Business Analysts
- Maintain a healthy backlog for current and future sprints
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Collaborates with design team on mock ups
- Produce Product Specifications documents
- Assist on Features Release Planning and be the "Go to" person for questions around the product & issues
- Handover to Product Education teams supporting material of the finished features
- Triages and prioritizes defects related to the Mobile Apps, managing the team’s backlog as a result of defects that are been raised
- Guides the Business Analysts to assist with the backlog refinement and write up
- Maintains knowledge wiki pages for the features delivered and ensures proper handover to Education teams
- Communicating effectively with both technical and business stakeholders
- Helping the Scrum teams to plan and improve their ways of working through retrospectives
- Own release notes and documentation of features
- Work closely with Product Manager to identify and address gaps
- Collaborating with developers and understanding the scope of technical enabling works
- Participating in the team demo and retrospectives and share findings with rest of stakeholders
- Establish relationships with relevant teams and individuals involved in the Apple approval process
- Continuously inspect and improve products after customers’ feedback
- Own relationship with external B2B vendors
- Acting as a tactical member of the product development team.
- Attending daily Scrum meetings and ensuring the developers are working efficiently and on the right items
- Organizing Product Backlog Refinement sessions
- Hosting Sprint Reviews and demonstrate what was Done
- Own Release Burn-up Chart
- Responsible for representing the interests of the customer for the development team
- 2+ years of Mobile App development experience across both iOS and Android operating systems
- Solid knowledge of the Sports betting market (retail and digital), regulatory dynamics and Sports Betting product ecosystem
- Understanding of Sports and Online Casino player experiences and operators’ business drivers
- Understanding of the importance of Product metrics and data-driven decision making
- Degree level education
- Previous proven working experience as a Product Owner or Analyst in Sports betting, Online Casino or relevant related industry
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Passionate about Mobile Apps and delivering features in a ‘mobile-first’ approach
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally, and work well in a team-oriented environment
- Partners with others across the organization to get work done
- Flexes communication style to meet the needs of various audiences
- Can take a creative idea and put it into practice
- Have understanding of technical limitations and technology
- Extremely communicative
- Great issue solver
Why would you enjoy working with us at SG Digital?
- Competitive benefits, an open and supportive environment as well as a modern and exciting workplace
- The opportunity to interact with global teams on a regular basis and the possibility to switch teams and projects as you and our business continues to develop and grow
- Tangible and genuine development - at SG Digital, you can take your career where you want it to go!
- Exposure to real work, business-critical projects and the chance to develop some of the world’s leading e-commerce sportsbooks whilst working on exciting client projects and interact with lots of code!
And if that’s not enough; you will get to enjoy a stunning work location and flexible working whilst we provide you with the guidance and development skills you need to progress quickly and enhance your career.