SG Digital (part of Scientific Games Corp. NASDAQ:SGMS) leads the global gaming market, providing innovative software that powers the world’s most successful operators and online gaming providers.
We pride ourselves on product innovation and technical excellence and are constantly adding new applications and new functionality to our product suite, used by billions of end users. Having recently become the Digital, online Division of the $4bn Scientific Games, we are now in a period of dramatic growth that will see us grow headcount by 30% this year alone.
Want to be part of our story?
We are a group of distributed multidisciplinary engineers, passionate about casino gaming, focused on a few highly scalable distributed platforms on a hybrid technology stack running in public and private clouds.
The teams are small and move fast -- all members are expected to be able to achieve maximum results with minimal direction.
As the Portfolio Manager, you will be responsible for the ownership for identifying, prioritizing, and coordinating project and program resources engaged with all initiatives within the selected project portfolio. The portfolio manager is a key resource within the Global PMO with primary stakeholders across project/program-related steering committees and the senior leadership assigned to oversee the portfolio. The position is also responsible for senior executive engagement and reporting on the state and performance of initiatives within the selected project portfolio.
This role assumes the overarching responsibility for supporting organizational efforts at overseeing, managing and leveraging the entire life cycle of investments and initiatives to optimally achieve enterprise goals and objectives.
Essential Job Functions:
- Facilitate and coordinate the efforts of senior leadership toward the establishment of the project portfolio definition, its structure and processes, from demand management and strategic alignment of projects and programs to portfolio categories and criteria, through evaluation, selection and prioritization; to execution, tracking and measuring the achieved results.
- Engage with and conduct monthly (or at other intervals as specified) reviews with senior business, executives, stakeholder committees, steering committees and other relevant bodies to validate and assess the project portfolio, execute change, and reprioritize to meet business needs as required.
- Ensure the oversight and coordination of dependencies across the projects and programs in the portfolio, and resolve or escalate conflicts.
- Support and advice executives on actions required to balance the portfolio
- Lead reviews of any significant initiatives, projects or programs that are challenged and provide recommendations as to whether it should continue, be significantly changed, placed on hold or discontinued.
- On behalf of the portfolio review team and steering committees, ensure the adherence to the appropriate governance functions relating to the portfolio and in accordance with enterprise guidelines, policies and practices.
- Perform regular health checks and audits of projects and/or initiatives across the portfolio
- Direct the creation and maintenance of the required project portfolio documentation and artifacts.
- Work with project teams to manage/oversee the full range of the project life cycle (initiate, plan, execute, close) for projects covering a portfolio of projects which focus on the business needs of a specific business line(s) or strategy.
- Identify staffing needs. As mandated and resourced by leadership, ensure and balance the availability of the required skills and competencies across project and program teams within the project portfolio.
- 10-12 years project management experience
- 7-10 years of diverse roles and increasing leadership responsibilities across major projects and programs.
- The candidate must have proven experience in working in a complex, matrixed environment, managing multiple stakeholders
- Ability to manage, inspire, and motivate a team towards big goals
- Demonstrated experience managing large-scale, complex programs. Strong negotiation and issue resolution skills
- Expert understanding of project & program management processes and methodologies. Ability to interact, manage and influence key stakeholders including executive team members. Strategic thinking and planning
- Experience managing Agile software development projects and groups.
- Experience with Digital Transformation and customer experience improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience in managing "upward" among senior leadership.
- Demonstrated experience in leading diverse teams.
- Substantial consulting leadership experience a plus.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent
- PRINCE2 Foundation/PRINCE2 Practitioner or equivalent
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.