Scientific Games Digital (part of Scientific Games Corp. NASDAQ:SGMS) leads the global gaming market, providing innovative software that powers the world’s most successful operators and online gaming providers.
We pride ourselves on product innovation and technical excellence and are constantly adding new applications and new functionality to our product suite, used by billions of end users. We are now in a period of dramatic growth and are looking for candidates who want to be part of this exciting journey.
Want to be part of our story?
We are a group of distributed multidisciplinary engineers, passionate about infrastructure and casino gaming, focused on a few highly scalable distributed platforms on a hybrid technology stack running in public and private clouds.
The teams are small and move fast -- all members are expected to be able to achieve maximum results with minimal direction.
Do you like working in smaller teams taking responsibility of your own areas of expertise?
Do you want to be part of a company with an explosive business growth?
Do you want to work at a place where your efforts make a difference?
Yes? Then, why don’t you come join us?
The Infrastructure team within Scientific Games Digital is the one building and maintaining our gaming infrastructure that serves customers across the globe. We are truly a global team with people in the US, Canada, Malta, England and Sweden. As a team, we are focused on problem-solving and providing high-quality services around the globe for our customers.
Working together with the teams around the world makes it feel a lot smaller.
We all take pride in what we do and together we make sure to deliver our critical 24/7 services.
This is what the team thinks about themselves
"Everyone’s opinion is valued and considered important. We all take part and contribute to decisions regarding solutions or incidents in our production environments. We happily share our knowledge so that we all improve as a team and get better at what we do. We trust in each other as a team and we try to remember to have fun along the way."
This position is required for the implementation, planned maintenance, and specialist operational support of the data centre, network and server systems used to host and provide our OPS/OGS/CGS/FOG/Sportsbook/Portal products.
- Handling of incoming incidents, change requests and problems as a third line of support.
- Operate, design, development, test and implementation of Infrastructure systems and hardware.
- Network related operations, maintenance and break/fix
- Project estimates, evaluations from an Infrastructure point of view and close liaison with the customer
- Maintain accurate and up to date documentation in the wiki
This position will part of the smaller teams within the Infrastructure group. Teams of 6 people. We supporting developers and customer success managers using SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) aligning the company. These smaller teams takes turn supporting our existing environment as a Response team role rotates between the teams.
We have an available free desk in our Athens office. Are you experienced in network hardware, network routing, infrastructure operations? Then this seat might be yours.
To be able to deliver in this position you will have extensive networking experience - with a breadth of experience across Cisco, Fortinet & F5. Even though networking has been your main focus you have no problem working in Linux and/or Windows environments.
You would probably say "Yes that’s me" to most of the bullets below
- Experience from working with network hardware from vendors such as Cisco, Fortinet, F5, Juniper and even open source network related support systems
- Experience in Network (Routing, Switching, Load Balancing and Network Security)
- Experience and knowledge of network protocols such as BGP, MPLS, (R)STP, VRRP/HSRP, IPsec, NAT, ip tunnels, GRE, VPC, LACP, TLS/SSL.
- Good insight into the OSI stack, from layer 1-7 but with focus on layer 3 / IP(v6)
- Experience in managing day-to-day network related tasks.
- Experienced in operating Linux and/or Windows-based systems.
- Fluent in written as well as spoken English
If you also say yes to the following we would be excited!
- Previous working experience from the regulated gaming industry
- Experience in managing/provisioning Cloud-based infrastructure (Amazon AWS, IBM Softlayer, Google Cloud)
- You have the ability to spot improvement areas and have a strong drive to change those to the better
- Thinking of yourself as innovative and solutions oriented with the ability and passion to share your knowledge and experience with others.
- You have high expectations of your manager, yourself and your peers.
We bring you a little bit of
A performance focused culture right across the business. But that's just the foundation! We also believe in a work hard, play hard environment, where we embrace people who are tuned in to the sound of creativity and innovation. As a truly international company, we can offer you the diversity and the opportunities of the world. Mix this with a people-friendly culture and we got a pretty good offer to give.
So don't just come and work for us, spend your time with us!
We encourage and eagerly welcome all applications however we can only consider candidates who has the legal right to work in Malta and within the regulated gaming industry.