Major Incident Manager
SG Digital is a world leading provider of software for the Sports betting and Casino (iGaming) industry. It’s Sportsbook and Casino products drive many of the world’s leading betting and online gaming brands worldwide. Products are a mix of SaaS and on-premise deployments due to regulatory requirements.
You will join the global Major Incident Management team, backed up by a Manager-On-Duty roster for out of hours support to provide 24 x 7 support for our global customer base. Some on-call and shift work is required, for example, to support major sporting events such as the Superbowl.
Incident Management is part of the global Quality Process team, which owns and manages SG Digital’s Change Management, Incident Management and Problem Management processes following ITIL processes.
Managing SG Digital’s response to high priority customer production incidents - These are typically incidents which have resulted in a full or partial service outage for a customer with associated revenue loss and the potential impact to brand image.
Restoring production service as quickly and efficiently as possible within the terms of SLAs and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate internal or 3rd party resources: guiding and directing, identifying and engaging the necessary resources from our worldwide and on-call pool of technical experts as required.
- Defining a plan of action for complex issues and liaising with colleagues such as technical support, operations, customer success managers, account managers, regulatory compliance team, 3rd parties such as game providers, etc.
- Ensuring internal executives are kept informed of progress so they can field customer executive escalations. Where needed, attend bridge calls with customers to keep them up to date with ongoing incidents.
- Ensuring the incident ticket is updated with all salient information, including the reason for decisions made, approvals for emergency changes, timelines, etc.
- Writing Incident Reports, outlining the incident and what was done to restore the service. Root cause analysis is not required for these reports.
- When there are no high priority incidents, the incident manager works to ensure the efficient resolution and closure of open incidents. This is a collaborative process working with development and operations teams.
- Work closely with Problem Management to identify recurring or high-impacting incidents that requires further analysis and long-term solutions
- Actively participating in regular Operational Reviews / Continuous Improvement meetings with Product/Development and other teams throughout the company
- Dealing with business customers, the Major Incident Manager messages technical progress in terms a business customer will understand and in a manner which de-escalates situations
- On regular basis review data quality on incidents, and identify opportunities for improvements and training
- Maintain training material and provide training to end users
- Assist with KPI reporting
- The Major Incident Manager is not expected to be a technical expert or resolve the incident himself - although a broad technical and industry understanding is useful. System Administration, Technical Project/Program Management experience, IT Operations or Technical Support experience is beneficial.
- IT Service Management experience, ideally as a certified Incident Manager
- Strong knowledge of ITIL processes
- Broad experience of IT infrastructure and applications
- Experience working with Change Management, Incident Management and Problem Management, ideally in a regulated environment
- Commercial experience, with an understanding of SLAs and contractual obligations
- Leadership skills with the ability to exercise sound judgement and be decisive under pressure
- Strong facilitation, teamwork, influencing and interpersonal skills
- Diplomacy on how to message to customers to de-escalate situations
- Ability to translate "techno-babble" into terms a business customer or internal executive can understand
- Customer focused, passionate about the customer experience
- Program Management skills - who needs to do what when
- Focused on continuous process improvement, including keeping it simple
- A broad understanding of technology and software applications
- A broad understanding of business and the business impact of major incidents
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.