Lead Developer - Studios
SG Digital is excited to announce that we are expanding our reach with a new Studio being created in situ with our gaming colleagues in Las Vegas. This is an exciting development for us as we will be working closer than ever and hand in hand with our land based experts to create the best US digital content.
We create, innovate and develop premium gaming content and fast, flexible gaming systems. Based in Las Vegas, we provide a broad portfolio of market-leading content to some of the largest gaming operators, lotteries and casinos across the globe. This role will be working with our Landbased Studios to take this great product online.
Passion, creativity and innovation are cornerstones of our company. If you want to work in a growing business with talented people who will challenge and inspire you every day to bring out your best,
We believe that success comes from common goals and tremendous efforts. We value merit, expertise, passion and creativity. We strive to ensure that our employees are rewarded for their contributions. You can expect:
· a performance-focused culture right across the business
· a work-hard, play-hard environment
· a rewarding environment
· new learning and development opportunities
· diverse and global opportunities
· a people-friendly culture
· a competitive salary package
· dedicated common areas for rest and socialization, and
· competitive benefits.
We are a group of distributed multidisciplinary engineers, passionate about casino gaming, focused on a few highly scalable distributed platforms on a hybrid technology stack running in public and private clouds.
The teams are small and move fast -- all members are expected to be able to achieve maximum results with minimal direction.
SG Digital are searching for experienced, smart and creative individuals to work in a primarily technical role. Individuals are most likely to be an engineer with at + 4 years of professional experience in the domain of web application design and development. They will be expected to take on a senior role within the team, displaying the ability to lead technical discussions and deliver technical advice in a confident manner.
The ideal candidate will be expected to be a leader of client and game server developers, DevOps and QA. You will contribute in areas such as team growth and mentorship whilst fulfilling their core responsibilities in the development of software systems. They are expected to be able to apply considerable professional experience of software development concepts and processes to ensure best practice within the team. The candidate should have a track record of making crucial contributions to the development of software for a variety of purposes including live production systems and automation of engineering processes such as test and release.
- Guide the project team towards the successful implementation of the project. This includes understanding, defining, sizing, implementing, and testing required features of the game and ensuring the project is available for continuous product review.
- Ensure code quality by using best practice
- Encourage and contribute to a culture of continuous improvement of process, game design, technology, coding practices, and testing
- Mentor less experienced team members in aspects of front-end development and coding practices
- Have regular (bi-weekly) one-to-one conversations with team members
- Facilitate knowledge share amongst developers (aka developer guild) and across the broader global studio network
- Identify and escalate team impediments as needed
- Collaborate well in a distributed, cross-functional team environment, interacting with QA engineers, project managers, product owners, and other departments
- Support and resolve any issues and incidents related to our games within the specified SLA
- Perform security tests to validate game integrity and compliance
- A degree in Computer Science or similar
- 4+years of experience in a Software Development Engineer role or similar
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of software processes and development cycles
- Experience using code versioning, code quality assessment, deployment tools
- Previous leadership experience is an asset
- Knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, or Web Service development is a plus
- Experience in a distributed agile team is an asset
- Knowledge of mobile and web-based development is a plus
- Experience in the game industry would be highly regarded
- Experience with analysing and solving complex technical issues
- Knowledge of design patterns, data structure and algorithmic solutions
We bring you a little bit of
A performance focused culture right across the business. But that's just the foundation! We also believe in a work hard, play hard environment, where we embrace people who are tuned in to the sound of creativity and innovation. As a truly international company, we can offer you the diversity and the opportunities of the world. Mix this with a people-friendly culture and we got a pretty good offer to give.
So don't just come and work for us, spend your time with us!